“Great Food and Great Service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beto's Alt-Mex

Beto's Alt-Mex
Ranked #146 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
“Great Food and Great Service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

While on a business trip and staying close to the San Antonio airport I was looking for a local restaurant. I found Beto's on Tripadvisor and gave it a try. It appeared to be a small place from the street and there were a lot of cars parked outside which I always count as a good sign. When I entered the building I was seated immediately by a very pleasant woman and given what I thought was a very small menu with a limited selection. Within a few minutes a waiter stopped by the table. He was very personable and satisfactorily answered all of my questions. I ordered a combo ($11) with a chicken empanadas (recommended by the waiter) and a beef taco. The food arrived after about 15 minutes. The combo includes beans and rice. The waiter also provided some salsa to go with the meal which added an extra touch of flavor. Although the food choices were somewhat limited, the food was excellent. They also serve beer and wine. The atmosphere is a little laid back and it's not a fancy place. There is a bar in the room to one side and I saw what appeared to be some great margaritas goiing to another table. It impressed me as a good place for a relaxing dinner with friends and family. When I left and drove back behind the building to turn my vehicle around I found a large outdoor seating area. I thouroughly enjoyed my dinner and will definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mikeinintegra

Hanover
“Went Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

So, we were in San Antonio for three nights and chose to eat here twice - what does that say? Fast efficient service in this family restaurant. The atmosphere is not romantic or fancy, but clean and pleasant.

Prices are very reasonable and the helpings sufficient.

Enjoyed the pozole soup, chicken empanadas, jicama salad, and sweet empanadas the first visit, and more of the same the next visit. Seriously, the empanadas are top notch.

This restaurant will be on my agenda when I return to San Antonio.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Paul S
Boerne, Texas, USA
“Great Empanadas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Probably the best empanadas in San Antonio if not all of Texas, both savory and sweet. The crust is excellent with a large variety of fillings.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Tony R
Hinesville, Georgia
“Great fish tacos! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Great food! Enjoyed their fish tacos and queso dip for chips! Kids ate all of their cheese and bean empanadas. Only took 20 mins for take out. Cost was around $30. Not bad for the amount of food we got. They were featured on Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives. We will definitely be going back to try Guy's favorites.

1 Thank ingridcabrera77
Texas
“How did we not know about this wonderful place?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We found a review and tried it out. We've been to San Antonio many times but had never even heard of this place. It was one of the best places we've ever eaten! The empanadas, tacos, salsa, guacamole, roasted veggies, and everything else were outstanding! The staff was better and more attentive than we've experienced in a long while. Go hungry!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TexasTravelGirl48

Been to Beto's Alt-Mex? Share your experiences!