“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place is great. A very laid back atmosphere with good food. The staff is very friendly. The outside is a great place to let your kids run around while you enjoy your meal. You can also bring your dog to eat with you.

• Visited August 2012

Mineral, Virginia
“The best empanadas!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

With so many restaurants to try, it's often hard to choose. I visit San Antonio often (since most of my family live here), and I have my favorite Mexican restaurants... I heard about Beto's on the show Diners, Drivins, and Dives, and decided I needed to try it. I have to say that everything we tried was excellent, including the margaritas. They are known for their empanadas, so of course that is what I tried. My mom and I split the pork and the chicken mole... both were superb. I wanted to try the chicken poblano, but they didn't have it on that day. Sadly someone had just broken into their restaurant the night before and caused a good bit of vadalizm. The staff rallied though and all pitched in to help the restaurant open by lunch. They staff was terrific and in good spirits despite the set back.

2 Thank kgcpac
San Antonio, Texas
“Empanadas and Fish Tacos!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is the second time I have eaten here...the fish tacos are amazing...homemade corn tortilla, chunks of grilled fish, and a creamy sauce on the shredded cabbage. Also had the chicken poblano empanada...could have used a bit more poblano, but excellent nonetheless. Also tried some of my companion's chicken mole empanada...pretty good, even though I'm not a fan of brown mole. Rice is OK, beans are almost charro style. Finished with an empanada filled with bananas and cream quemada (cajeta)...yum! This place is busy all day, but you can usually get a table after a short wait. The food can sometimes take a bit, but that's because they MAKE it, not defrost it!

Selma, Texas
“Nice change from the norm.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant after seeing an episode about it on t.v. The place must be good because we arrived mid afternoon and it was packed! Did not wait long though, about 10 minutes. Service was very nice and friendly and took our orders promptly. We had the empanada combo plates. The food was very tasty and we really enjoyed the change from the usual tacos, rice and beans. Overall, the prices were average. If you want good Latin food and are tired of the same old foods, I would recommend it.

“Triple D Got It Right”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

fantastic local place. Super service. Everything was great except the fish taco's which are the best I've ever had at a restaurant. They were better than fantastic.