“Busy as always but still good.”
Review of Formosa Garden

Formosa Garden
Ranked #1,361 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Description: Recognized for three consecutive years by the Express News Critics' Choice Award for the top Chinese restaurant in the area, come join us and allow our prompt and friendly staff to guide you thru a true Asian Fusion dining experience that everyone is talking about!
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I used to eat at this restaurant all the time when I lived in San Antonio. It was still good this time. We went during a busy lunch time and were still seated quickly and were out of there within the hour.

Our favorite is the Triple delight. Shrimp, beef and chicken stir fry. Came with a side of brown rice and egg roll. Delicious. You can't beat it for around $8.00 per head without tip. Also, get their volcano roll. Spicy but decadent.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We ate at Formosa Garden last night for a birthday celebration. The food was horrible!!! Everything was luke warm and not fresh at all....like it was left over from the day before. It used to be good a few years ago but no more....never! Oh, went to the bathroom and it was filthy!!
Had take out boxes but threw it all away.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hot and sour soup is so salty that i could not eat, the food is terrible , more like the mall food court chinese food. We order some sashimi and it was fresh but the way they cut the fish is in oddly little pieces, weirdly decorated unlike other sushi place, let put it this way , it wasn't pretty .Although the service is excellent.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've dined at Formosa Garden literally for years, and I've seen lots of staff come and go... but I don't see it improving over the years.

This used to be a very elegant, upscale Chinese restaurant, with "bubbling walls," great food and excellent service.

The last few times I've been, however, I've been dismayed at how it seems to be slipping.

Sure, they've added the sushi bar and the enclosed patio where they do their "performance" cooking, if you're inclined to pay extra. But the from the lobby area to the dining room to the restrooms, Formosa Garden now has a cheap, hurried and sloppy feel.

Gone are the hostesses and managers who seemed to know and greet returning guests by name. The prices are now inflated, for smaller servings and ambivalent service. Soup is no longer included with the lunch specials; nor are the overpriced beverages.

I had to get up and refill our tea and water glasses myself on my most recent visit, because our waiter didn't come back to ask if our food met our expectations or if we needed anything else.

Frankly, there are just too many other dime-a-dozen Chinese restaurants in San Antonio to keep coming back to Formosa Garden anymore, unless things change, and soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Me and my boyfriend make this our go to spot for every occasion. If we feel down we go there if we feel excited we go there! The staff is so friendly ESPECIALLY the Sushi Chefs! They always know what we are going to order as soon as we sith at the bar! They are friendly and funny as well. They have the best sushi in town and I love the cucumber salad! Im a very picky eater and only eat vegetable sushi and they have the best, hands down!! I will always come back to this place, ALWAYS!