“Consistently good but not terrific/overt he top!”

Salsalitos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #299 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Mico, TX
“Consistently good but not terrific/overt he top!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We go there every time we are in a hurry, there is always seating available. We always visit the 1604 & Bandera location. The food is average, keep in mind that if you're NOT from Texas, the food here is generally tex-mex and not authentic food like you'll find on a border town like El Paso or Mc Allen. Also, for the out of town crowd who may not be able to distinguish the difference, San Antonio is known for their gravy-style sauces they put in their enchiladas. It's a tasty, satisfying dish and their beef fajitas are always a safe bet. Overall, it's pretty good with friendly waitstaff and it's always clean, which in my book is a deal breaker. If you're looking for specialty, regional-style dishes from all over Mexico, try the west side of town.

• Visited November 2013

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Slooooowwwwww......”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Slow service and wrong food on an empty Friday night. Martini tasted like a margarita. Just not good at all! Don't waste your time. Go to Taco Cabana for much cheaper and maybe even better impersonation of Mexican food.

San Antonio, TX
“Lunch”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had a birthday lunch there at their Bandera Road location on Oct 2nd. Food was OK and the service was great. The server was very friendly and the prices were not too high. Got a free bowl of ice cream for dessert.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“There are TWO”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the second Salsalito's in San Antonio. I'm writing about the original that's located off Nacogdoches. It's a great family restaurant and because it's usually loud, my kids talking loudly, doesn't bother anyone. You do NOT go here for a quiet dinner, but it's not annoying.

This is one of my "go to" restaurants when I visit San Antonio. Sometimes it's out of the way as it's on the far North East side, close to Rolling Oaks Mall, but it's worth it.

It's very popular and always busy, but i wouldn't say always crowded as it's spacious. Even with a crowd, i've never waited long, less than 15min and once seated, you get a bowl of fresh chips and salsa. The service has always, ALWAYS been prompt and the meals served quickly.

I feel the quality is a cut above most TexMex joints because of the variety yet maintaining quality. Yes, you can get enchiladas, burritos, churros, tres leche, but they have excellent Pescado Del Rio; that's butter and capers, poblano peppers, serrano peppers over tilapia. I also enjoy the Pollo Veracruz, a marinated chicken breast topped with monterrey jack cheese and veracruz sauce. But my favorite is Pollo Enrollado, stuffed chicken rolls.

The plates are usually plentiful, and were I living there I'm sure I'd be taking home leftovers.

The dessert selection, on the rare occasions I can enjoy them (the dinner usually leaves no room.) are great. My favorite is the tres leches cake. Order some sopapilla's to go, fried bread with cinnamon, my wife and I usually argue over who ate more. ha!

They also have a nice bar and the bartender has yet to fail in any request. I appreciate the not watered down taste, but not overwhelming alcohol taste either.

The only thing I don't like about the restaurant is the salsa. YEARS ago they had a taste testing in regards to switching salsa. My fav lost out.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I have been eating at Salsalitos for years. The food is always fresh and the wait staff is prompt and pleasant. I still remember an occasion where the waiter was taking care of our table of twelve. As he moved around the table taking orders I noticed he wasn't writing anything down. I was shocked when all the food and beverages were delivered without error! They also have the best tortilla chips and red sauce in the city. Their fajita plates are among the best I have eaten at any restaurant. We also frequently order their fajita take-out special on Monday evenings. My only complaint is it gets quite noisy and is hard to carry on a conversation when the restaurant gets busy.

• Visited August 2013