“great spot for b'fast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
AustinTexas area
“great spot for b'fast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wonderful breakfast. The service was slow but very friendly. The bakery items and b'fast tacos were delicious!

Visited September 2012

“Lines of Communication”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had heard that this place made tasty treats for one of the local medical offices so we picked up a Groupon. We stopped by around 10:30 AM with a grandson in tow.
Patrick the owner was behind the counter. I ordered breakfast and specifically asked that my eggs be scrambled like an omelet. My BW ordered
the burrito.
There was one other person in the restaurant,
but we had to wait awhile. When my eggs arrived I was disappointed to see that they had not been cooked as I asked.
Sadly the toast was burned, the bacon was cold and soggy, and the tiny portion of fried potatoes were ice cold. The owner asked if he could redo the
eggs, but I deferred. We were on our way to the museum.
My BW's burrito was cooked correctly, it was warm and tasty, and it was served with a nice cup of fruit cocktail. The cookie received a yum review from my grandson.
Our host did stop by and admit he had not listened when I ordered my eggs. It's all about communication, I mentioned to him.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bobemac
“Bakery Items are super”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was pretty ordinary. Good, but nothing that stood out. The Sticky bun for dessert was huge and delicious. Definitely to share. Very reasonable prices. Nxt time will try one of the soups and a salad.

Visited January 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“It Must Be a Female Thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

For some reason the women just go gaga over this place whether they are ladies or not. I have been here for lunch a couple of times (at the election of the women in the office) and I will admit that the Reuben and Hot Pastrimi sandwiches are good. Not the pinnacle of mouth watering overstuffed monstrosities like you get in a New York deli such as the internationally known Katz's though - just good bread and few ounces of good meat.

It could be the draw of the little cookiies, cakes and pies that excites the female persuasion when Joseph's is mentioned. Personally, the main entree has always been #1 on my list when dining out and dessert a distant #2 - something to be enjoyed if, and only if, you have room left from consuming #1.

If I were a woman, which would be awful with the hairy chest and legs I have, I would probably revel in the offerings of pralines, snickerdoodles, cakes of red velvet, italian creme, and carrot along with ice box pie, lemon merengue and others.
Until then, I will just have to remain a moderate aficionado of Joseph's and its sandwiches.

• Visited February 2012
Dupont, Washington
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Had a sandwich and cupcake for lunch. Both were tasty. The cupcake was huge! The owner was friendly and chatted up everyone in line. Would definitely return.