“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We took seven of us for breakfast while we were in town on vacation based on reviews from tripadvisor. The sign on the outside states this the best bakery in San Antonio and it did not disappoint. We were greated enthusiastically by Joseph himself and he made us feel like regulars. The breakfast tacos were great as well as the cinnamon rolls. The biscuits and gravy were the best any of us have ever had. Anyone going to the zoo or just in the area needs to stop by for a delicious breakfast or bakery item.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Try the chocolate or carrot cake. But you better have help they are huge.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place was better than I expected. On our way to the zoo we spotted the first place off the exit and took a chance. Ordered a breakfast burrito, taco, and a snickerdoodle. Everything was amazing. The service was exceptional. I highly recommend making a special trip, but definitely a must-go on a zoo trip.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I purchased two half sandwiches, one ham and the other turkey. This came with a VERY small bowl of soup. I also purchased one of their chocolate muffins. I got two slices of ham on one, half sandwich and two slices of turkey on the other half sandwich. The patatoe soup was cold and not very tasty. My colleague's meal was just as bad. She had the basil soup. This meal was 25.00! For soup and sandwich, I suggest you shop around. I'm not impressed with the food or the price. And, yes, I've eaten there before and it didn't seem as bad. Something has changed for the worse. I'll take my hunger elsewhere and enjoy the meal.

4  Thank Derrick P
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We spent a few hours at the zoo on a nice Tuesday morning. As we were getting hungry, we decided to go the small grocery store down the street. But it was out of business. We saw that this bakery had opened and went in, hoping it would be good. It was excellent. I especially recommend the vegetable pocket (or whatever they call it). It's fresh veggies baked inside a fresh roll. Oooh it's gooood!