“Excellent food and service, but you pay for it”

Silo Elevated Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Silo Elevated Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Excellent food and service, but you pay for it”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My last visit to Silo's was a very pleasant evening, good service and great food. The atmosphere is adult, I don't think I saw even one young child in the restaurant. Soft lights, good wine, and a pretty hefty bill. Was worth it, but not too often.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Corky G

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Some hits some misses!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went for sunday brunch but ordered of the menu rather than the prix fixe. The bloody Mary's were very good. The poached eggs, asparagus, and French toast were perfect! The steak was undercooked. They cooked it a little longer, but I had finished my breakfast by the time it was returned to me, overcooked. The atmosphere was nice, the room was cool. The staff was attentive. The service was slow. All in all a good experience, just not great for the price.

• Visited December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Confrontation Avoided”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

While this moment is fresh on my mind, I would like to express our gratitude to the maitre'd at Silo on Austin Hwy here in San Antonio. We arrived late (due to construction delays) and were received warmly without complaint and seated at a very nice two-top. But it soon came to our attention that the A/C duct was awkwardly positioned to blow very cool air upon us and our table. Thoughts of sore necks and cold food prompted us to request a different table and we were quickly placed at a more comfortable location.

Then came trouble. Our waitress approached our table and began a very long monologue about the specials of the day. At one point she mentioned foie gras, which I enthusiastically accepted. Bummer. She next asked for our entree' order, announcing that it was the chef's preference that we submit our entire order at the same time. I politely responded that it was my preference(the customer) to enjoy my appetizer before ordering(if I then wished) the entree'.

I received a very hostile look with the sweet saccharine reply that "it was only a suggestion".

Within 2 minutes of her departure from table, a new waiter, Mario, appeared apologizing for the "incident". What incident, we inquired? He glossed over our surprise and realizing he had waited on us before, we gladly acquiesced. The foie gras was the largest portion I have ever received in any restaurant across the world, and it was deliciously prepared.

The rest of our evening went smoothly and our entrees' were fabulous - lamb for my wife and duck confeit for myself. The wine by the glass selection includes a great Mendoza Malbec and the French Pinot Noir was serviceable as well. All in all, a very nice evening.

But what shines is the attention to detail and patron comfort. The maitre'd apologized upon our departure for any inconvenience we may have encountered. We were amazed at the awareness and attention to patron comfort. For indeed, we never made a complaint of any kind.

• Visited November 2013
New Orleans
“Over the Top”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I found Silo recommended by several websites. It was better than the recommendations. The dining room is sleek but comfortable.
The menu is not extensive, but everyone can find something they like. Earl, our waiter, is a pro, and looked after our party beautifully. We drank a very nice Oregon pinot noir with the meals. There are two Silo restaurants. This one is the elevated location. Don't miss it.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“High end cuisine”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Selected menu, great food and wine list. Beautiful, modern setting and quality reliable. Fried oysters a favorite!

Visited September 2013