“Wonder food... so/so service”

Silo Elevated Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 4,800 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
Description: We have been listed as one of America’s top fine dining restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks for many years. We pride ourselves on bringing pure delight to all your senses with a creative, world-class fine dining menu in Alamo Heights. We pay meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant environment. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want to create a romantic and memorable evening consider our private dining rooms. We offer something for everyone from small plates to soup & salads to entrees and oysters. We guarantee you will have a one of a kind experience that will keep you coming back for more. We are conveniently located in the heart of Alamo Heights and are open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday but closed for lunch on Saturdays. No matter the occasion, let us handle the food. Whether you want to celebrate or just don’t feel like cooking, our menu is extensive without prices that will break the bank. If you are craving cuisine unlike anything you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting then Silo Alamo Heights is the restaurant for you. Enjoy all Alamo Heights has to offer. Located just 4.5 miles to the north of downtown San Antonio, the seventh largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Silo. The rotating food menus are amazing. The food combinations and fusions are outstanding. I would recommend anything that the chef puts on a plate there... However, the service has really dropped in recent years.

I recommend investing in the service side so that you don't drive away people who can experience this fantastic menu!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've never been disappointed at Silo. The food and the service are top-notch. The early bird prix fixe is a great value -- with excellent choices (I'm always torn between the fried oysters and shrimp & grits). Their lamb loin is another great choice -- ask for it, as it is not always on the menu.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My college senior daughter and I ate a wonderful meal at Silo Elevated and loved every fabulous bite! She ordered scallops and I ordered the filet mignon. Her scallops were perfect and my tenderloin was very tender and flavorful. The staff is always attentive, pouring our delicious wine and making sure our every need was met.
We ended our lovely meal with the Coconut Pie - which is the absolute best I have ever tasted - heaven!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Unlike Austin, San Antonio provides few restaurants for the "foodie." Luckily Silo consistently rises to the occasion and gives San Antonio a much-needed high-quality, chef-run restaurant. The last time I went, I ordered the rack of lamb and my boyfriend ordered the scallops. Both were excellent. Scallops were not overcooked and the beurre blanc added a rich and savory complexity to the dish! The souffle is awesome. I tend to avoid the Creme Brulee. The dish seems too shallow, producing an often overcooked custard.

The servers are always great.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I wasn't altogether sure that I was ready to be elevated, but my wife was. She promised me that if I felt acrophobic she would lead me through the bad parts blindfolded. So, I girded my loins for the worst and made sure I brought along a pen light and my best Swiss Army knife - the one with the 249 functions. Figured it might come in handy to save my life at some point.

No sooner did we arrive than we were being checked in for immediate elevation. They wanted our names (notify next of kin?) and how many in our party before they would allow us to begin elevation though. I started to feel a little "Donner Party" type nervousness at that point. Were we going to be elevated right then . . . just the two of us! What about instructions and preparation?! Where were the oxygen canisters . . . .

Not knowing what to expect, we boarded as instructed and the elevation suddenly began. To my relief, the upward motion only lasted a few seconds . . . and the doors opened. In a dimly lit but cozy "chasm", one could make out a flurry of activity . . . . looked like people bent over . . . eating and eating, barely looking up. That nervousness started again until I heard my last name somewhere over the din of gnashing and noshing . . . followed by "Party of 2", and "step this way". I acknowledged our guide and began to "step this way". It was a little bouncy and somewhat of a peculiar gait to follow, but we managed to emulate it. I figured it must have something to do with being elevated for an extended period.

To my relief, we were seated and handed an elevated list of provisions. I could see vaguely that the items were a little high for me, but difficult to make out. I remembered I had my faithful pen light and was damn glad to have brought it. Now we had the light we needed to read off the list of life saving comestibles together, selecting a couple of beef tenderloins and letting our guide know what we had chosen. I figured this was the best choice to keep my loins girded as we became further elevated.

We saw our guide disappear then emerge shortly thereafter from a distant fire with our grub and were grateful for it. That guy really knew how to sling some hash and was quite polite about it! This whole elevation thing was turning out to be a lot better than I thought; I was so relieved that we were not having to take a bite out of the frozen remains of Bob or Susan! I thought to myself, this must be the double entendre of "elevatied cuisine". So, proud of myself for having unlocked the secret of elevation, I finished the last bite of meat and washed it down with some brandy from the faithful, cask-carrying St. Bernard that must have been in the area.

Soon after we finished, we were transported back to level ground again and feeling just a little elevated still from having had such a pleasant experience. The absolute worst part of the whole thing, however, was having a hunk of "bullneck" stuck in my teeth and they were out of toothpicks! Then I remembered that I had brought more than one survival tool. . . . I pulled out my Swiss Army knife with the 249 functions and found the one with the toothpick. What a life saver! As I began to use it I thought, "being elevated was not so bad after all . . . . I think we may just have to do it again after I get over a bit of "plastic card" induced altitude sickness!"