“Happy Hour”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
Description: We have been listed as one of America’s top fine dining restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks for many years. We pride ourselves on bringing pure delight to all your senses with a creative, world-class fine dining menu in Alamo Heights. We pay meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant environment. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want to create a romantic and memorable evening consider our private dining rooms. We offer something for everyone from small plates to soup & salads to entrees and oysters. We guarantee you will have a one of a kind experience that will keep you coming back for more. We are conveniently located in the heart of Alamo Heights and are open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday but closed for lunch on Saturdays. No matter the occasion, let us handle the food. Whether you want to celebrate or just don’t feel like cooking, our menu is extensive without prices that will break the bank. If you are craving cuisine unlike anything you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting then Silo Alamo Heights is the restaurant for you. Enjoy all Alamo Heights has to offer. Located just 4.5 miles to the north of downtown San Antonio, the seventh largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Silo has a good menu in general but their happy hour menu is nice and affordable as well. I love their duck spring rolls and their spinach salad (which is available on their happy hour menu also). I also like their pineapple and vodka drink. Their wine list has good options also and if your not sure what to order, then their servers will recommend a good one for you.

There are newer reviews for Silo Elevated Cuisine

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friend and I were excited to try Silo for the first time. We were impressed with the welcome and decor. The waiter took our order for drinks and suggessted we buy the bottle because they had a special on 1/2 off the bottle. We were sold. Then he asked if we were using a "groupon or coupon" and we said yes. He then told us the wine special did not apply, fine I understand. Unfortunately he was not our server, but the waitress would be on her way. He brought us two glasses of wine. The waitress came, read us the specials. We ordered and appetizer and our entrees. After that we did not see much of her. Our food came it was wonderful . Finally she came back and asked quickly if we needed anything else, we said yes two more glasses of wine. Our glasses were empty. She never came back or brought us the wine. I saw the first waiter and asked if he could check on our wine and he quickly returned with the bottle and refilled the glasses. The waitress came back much later but never apologized or really ever tried to interact with us. Always the minimum "is everything alright?" The restaurant was not busy. We ordered desert and she dropped the check. We explained we had a coupon and she didn't say anything, just took the bill and came back with the adjusted bill. I was appalled when I noticed she had added 20% gratuity to the bill. I think the purpose of an establishment to participate in a promotion is to entice and encourage new guest to try their establishment. I had never heard of Silo until we saw the coupon and we planned to eat out anyway. If a coupon is offered and your intention is to bring in new customers, it is up to the staff to extend service that makes the guest want to return and become a loyal patron. I could not tell if we were ignored becuase we were using a coupon, or for another reason or maybe that is the level of service I can expect from Silo. It wasn't like we went there ordered water, used our coupon and left. Even with the coupon and tip I spent over $100.00. We went there for an experience not just to use a coupon an get something for free. I will never go back or reccommend this restraunt to anyone. The waitress seemed more concerned with her tip than the service she was providing. She never once thanked us for our business. She did not earn a 20% tip. Too bad, the food was great, but anyone can provide a good meal, it is the service that makes the experience. It is the Experience that makes guest come back. I feel like had they not known ahead that we were using the coupon, maybe the service would have been different? Still I do not think that is an excuse. She was never gracious or welcoming. I have had better service at McDonalds.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our first visit to Silo. We were in town for 26th wedding anniversary and having diiner with some friends. They asked where we wanted to go and we mentioned the Kona Grill but it was booked for the night. So our friends recommended Silo. They said they had never had a bad meal there. My wife had the shrimp and grits and I had a chicken dish. All four entrees were great presentations of color and flavor! The service was great from the time we hit the downstairs door. Had a great dessert menu as well! Price for two of us was about $75 before tip but it was a special night!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

A party of four we ordered a bottle of wine, a mixed drink, fried oyster appetizer, main courses: Seared Sea Scallops, Vegetarian Risotto, Beef Tenderloin and Five Spice Duck. The Scallops, Duck and Tenderloin were ruled divine. The couscous with the Duck wasn't liked. The potato with the scallops were wonderful. The Vegetarian Risotto was overcooked, not special, and should be left off the menu as a main course. The Beef Tenderloin was perfectly cooked, we substituted the spicy mac and cheese for the Gnocchi, and this was a mistake. Again, overcooked and just not very good. The mixed drink was well prepared. Plusses Overall: Some home runs on main course proteins, ambience is very nice, modern, clean. Minuses: Biggest one is the wine list. Not divided by region, overloaded with California wines easily found at HEB, just an overall lack of care and consideration , which really knocks the restaurant down a couple of notches. Sides and the appetizers we had were not very special. The oysters just weren't that good. Overcooked with too oily a breading. We ordered dessert, coconut pie x 2, bread pudding, creme brulee, and none was worth the calories except the creme brulee. It was the only finished dessert. The art work would be more interesting with local artists. I would rate it 3.5 stars if I could, it was in the gap between average and very good, but definitely better than average, this the 4 star rating. We spent over $300 for the above.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Remember when pork chops were juicy and delicious? When pork roasts were tender and scrumptious? Since the "health craze" that began in the 1980s, pork producers have been slimming down their animals, and I find that today's pork is often dry and tasteless compared to days of old.
But there is a rare breed of pork (Berkshire pork) that never lost its deliciousness, and it became popular with breeders in Japan while Americans were avoiding fat calories. Now, it's making a comeback with U.S. chefs, and that's a very good thing.
On a recent visit to Silo Elevated Cuisine on Austin Highway, Cider Braised Kuobuta Pork Shank ($26) was the first entree on the dinner menu. The waiter told me it was his favorite dish, so I tried it -- and I was in love! The meat was marbled, juicy, full of flavor and falling off the bone. Served with the chef's Green Chile Orzo "mac and cheese," sauteed spinach and ancho cherry sauce, it was a huge meal that had to be taken home and enjoyed again next day.
My dining partner had the evening's special rib-eye ($44), which he loved. He also liked the signature starter of Chicken Fried Oysters ($12; too much breading for me), but the pork was definitely the star of the show. Now that we know about Kuobuta pork, we will certainly look for it again. And we'll return to Silo Elevated for more great service and other discoveries from their enticing menu.