“Very upscale, wonderful place.”

Silo Elevated Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Silo Elevated Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
“Very upscale, wonderful place.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I came here for a birthday dinner and the food was absolutely wonderful. I had the scallops with potatoes and the dish was perfectly cooked, well seasoned and a good portion. The service was of high quality and our waiter was very nice. And, the coconut pie slice was amazing.
As for the bottom floor with the bar and the lounge, again, very upscale and seemed to be a venue with lot's of potential.

Derry, New Hampshire
“How unexpected”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's tough to beat the mexican in San Antonio, but we wanted something a little more upscale. We have a sentimental attraction to the Fig Tree and almost went there again. But we opted for something different. After checking TA and Yelp we went for Silo. There were mixed reviews with most of the negatives around the attitude of the wait staff. They must have read those reviews and changed, because our waiter was excellent. He had just the right blend of friendly, professional, and - especially - knowledgeable.

Every part of the meal was great. A special - crab stuffed tilapia - encorporated the almost pure crab stuffing rather than just adding it.. Scallops were nicely carmalized and perfectly done.

The atmosphere is really nice - good for a romantic dinner or a nice family get together. If you are looking for a restaurant away from the river walk. Make this your selection,

Hico, Texas
“Great food, great experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were in San Antonio for the weekend and chose this restaurant for a special evening out. The place itself is very unique, loved the bar downstairs and then dinner upstairs - very modern but really cozy. Our waitress was awesome, very attentive and professional. I had the scallops and my husband hand redfish special. Both were outstanding. We wanted something different and that is what we got. No complaints.

San Antonio, Texas
“USED TO BE GREAT”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Silo used to be one of our favorite restaurants - but this dining experience was mediocre...Service was good - ambience is very nice - but food for the most part was a little "boring" in flavors....We were three of us....First we ordered a bottle of wine - they brought us the wrong one - then informed us they didn't have the one we ordered...We picked another and they had difficulty finding it....We started off sharing three appetizers - I fried risotto rice ball stuffed with goat cheese - couldn't taste risotto just lot's of goat cheese...then my husband and sister shared a foie gras - they said whatever they cooked it with made it very sweet compared to savory (I am a pescatarian - so didn't have any). The third appetizer was the Ahi Tuna and that was very good. My sister had the Ribeye which she enjoyed. My husband and I both had the Yellowfin Tuna - and it was a little tough...not rare enough and totally lacked any flavor at all. They have another Silo on 1604 and building another one on I H 10 by the Dominion - Hopefully they can get it back to the way it was....We miss it!!

San Antonio, Texas
“Great family celebration restaurant.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our first time and won't be our last. We dined at the 1604 location. It was my dads 72nd Bday and wanted to spoil him. Well as it turns out he's a good ole boy with simple tastes. He ordered the cheeseburger. He loved it. My son ordered one of the sandwiches and loved his as well. The remainder of us ordered from the prix fixe dining. The food is awesome. Basically this restaurant is perfect for a family with different tastes. Simple to gourmet. The desserts were to die for and we had the best service. My son found it entertaining watching the kitchen. And to me the prices were fair. I can't wait to try their Brunch. Bon a petit.