“One Of The Best Places In Town”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House was founded May 1965 in New Orleans by Ruth Fertel. Our specialty is aged corn-fed USDA prime beef, broiled in a trademark 1800 degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak is sizzling hot. We also offer fresh seafood including live Maine lobster, lobster tail & Atlantic salmon. Private dining rooms available for groups of 10-100.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Really great location, service and the food is so so so good! Its hard to find anything I didnt like. Great for family, friends, dates or even business dinner with some clients. Ive had Ruth Chris in other cities but I would have to say I think this one is the best one Ive eaten at!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our first visit to Ruth's Chris in San Antonio and we will be back. The food was excellent and in large part to the recommendations provided by Rick. If you can be seated in his area, you will have the best experience. The Harvest Salad was outstanding. I had the filet which was very good and my beloved had the rib-eye which he said was outstanding. The au gratin potatoes were very nicely done as we're the mushrooms. The creme brûlée was the best we've had. Rick's wine recommendation was excellent. We almost always have our steak at Bohanan's but we may be re thinking that after this meal and most excellent service.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a business lunch, and the food did not disappoint! Great burger and salad! The fresh bread was excellent too!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had dinner after a long day of cruising the river walk. Our table was immediately ready. The hostess and wait staff were very attentive and courteous. Each of our party of four tried a different steak and no one was disappointed. The steaks were of superior quality and seasoned to perfection. The side dishes offered plenty to share. Sadly we didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary. The hostess asked when we arrived if it was for a special occasion and when we told her it was our anniversary she brought rose petals to our table and spread them around. I thought it was a very nice touch.

My wife and I shared the Mushroom Caps with crabmeat, also the veal stuffed ravioli. Both were very good and served piping hot. We both had the filet, mine was medium and my wife's medium well. The steaks are served on a 500 degree plate so they continue to cook after the are served. We also had the broccoli au gratin, which was very good.

At no time did we feel rushed, in fact our server gave us plenty of time to enjoy the current course before the next was brought out. She even brought us a complimentary dessert selection since it was our anniversary. The staff and service were very good.

My only complaint was with another table. We were initially seated next to a party of four, one wearing his hat backwards (the restaurant has a no t-shirt, flip-flops or hat policy). They were watching a soccer game, on a smart phone with the volume turned all the way up, and being extremely loud. We asked to be reseated in the next dining area to get away from them. Even then we could still hear the game on their phone.

With the exception of the rude guests, the rest of the evening went very well. The restaurant is pricey but was worth it.