“Ryan is the BEST!!!!!!!”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #156 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm from Southern California so I wasn't familiar with Saltgrass. We were strolling along the Riverwalk and stopped to peruse the menu. It looked good and the outside seating with a view of the river looked inviting so we decided to try it. So glad we did. It was one of the best meals we had on our vacation in Texas. Ryan our server was awesome. So friendly and helpful when it came to what we should try. He was attentive and extremely efficient. He made the dining experience enjoyable. I tried the Hickory Chicken: Marinated grilled boneless chicken breast brushed with bbq sauce & topped with sauteed mushrooms & melted jack cheese. WOW!! It was delish. For the sides I chose the house salad and baked sweet potato. They make their own salad dressings and the balsamic was some of the best I've had. My husband had the Chicken Laredo: Marinated grilled boneless chicken breast topped with melted jack cheese, avocado, grilled onions, chopped tomatoes & poblano peppers, finished with chopped cilantro & Cotija cheese. The desserts looked great but we had no room. If we ever return, Saltgrass will be on our list of restaurants to return to and we will definitely ask for Ryan.

1  Thank kvd

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We couldn't go to Texas without eating at a steak place. This place got pretty good reviews and was easy to find near the Riverwalk. Everyone except me ordered steak and they all thought it was great. I came to Texas for BBQ. I had the babyback ribs and they were great. I thought it was reasonable enough for food...18.99 for a nice size steak and two sides. The drinks were about 6.00 a piece, not bad. We didn't have desert but saw them and they are Texas sized and would need to be shared. The service was great although a little warm in the place. We called ahead and made a reservation for 8 and our table was ready when we arrived. Please note, as we did not, tips are included in the bill for parties of 8 or more. Should have known this and it's our own fault. Our waiter got a REALLY nice tip between my sister and myself.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great food and great staff...I had never had or heard of a wedge salad...mixing 2 dressing....awesome! Will be back when I am in town!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visit San Antonio quite often and love a stake house restaurant, I am a Laundry Select Club member, I tried to dine at this saltgrass this past weekend 06/15/13 but unfortinately the hostess told me there was a wait of 45 min to an hour, I told her I was part of the LSC but it did not make a diference, I was still told that they could not accommodate me and family, that we would have to be in seperate tables This has never happened at any other LSC Restaurant, I feel very dissapointed and dont think I will be going back to this Saltgrass. The two ladies in the front were no help looked like they just didnt want to let anyone in when it was only 10:30 pm, I though the restaurant closed at 11 pm but dont know what happened. Very disspapointing because we were tired and just wanted to enjoy a nice meal but we had to leave and called it a night.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've eaten here 3 times and always had great steaks. much better than those other chain steak places.

1  Thank Kathy R