“Wife's Birthday Dinner”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #91 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, TX
“Wife's Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife enjoys Saltgrass a lot. This is the place she chose for her birthday. We went on our normal family birthday dinner. We had made a reservation, although we arrived early enough that it was not needed.

We started with the stuffed jalepeno's (Range Rattlers?). This was the first time we had them. My son and I enjoyed them a lot. We all had steak for dinner. All steaks were good although my wife had to return hers to be cooked longer. It was clearly rare rather than medium. It was easily resolved though.

We have eaten here many times. Never disappointed!

• Visited August 2012

Fort Meade, Maryland
“Not a good value”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Service was pretty good, and though not great, the food as a whole was pretty good. My big complaint is that everything seemed really overpriced. For them to charge was much or more than some of the nicer restaurants in San Antonio did not make sense to me. Also, I got the crab and avocado appetizer and it was expensive, messy to eat, and tasted very bland.

• Visited August 2012
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
“Steak or Seafood...a Great Choice”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband wanted a Texas size steak....I am a seafood eater. Saltgrass Steak House did not disappoint! Right on the Riverwalk the location is great. Husband had an enormous ribeye with the baked sweet potato and he is still talking about how juicy and delicious it was. I had the Salmon Oscar w/Garlic Mashed Potatoes and it was the best salmon I have had in a restaurant in a very long time. A large filet, moist and declious, with just the right amount of Oscar sauce with chunks of real crab. It's not often a steak place does both steak and seafood well - a definate win/win!

Visited September 2012
Spring
“Excellent food for price and great service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate dinner at the Saltgrass on the Riverwalk. Great steaks for the price, cooked exactly as ordered. The service was awesome. Would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
Cancun, Mexico
“Steakhouse”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really nice place, looks amazing inside and outside.
Food was good and more than enough, portions are huge.
I had the porterhouse just the way I wanted
Service was very good, everyone is keeping an eye on what you need
My boss was happy for the cowboy he got, so it was worht the visit

• Visited September 2012