“Good San Antonio Old Time Favorite”

Jacala Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #207 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Central
Grapevine, Texas
“Good San Antonio Old Time Favorite”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Old time favorite for San Antonio style mexican food. Despite a number of graduation parties the service was excellent and the food was good.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Friends of ours took my wife and I to Jacala for the first time last month. We recently returned for a second visit. My only regret is that we have not been eating here for years. The food is top notch, the service is very good and the margaritas are tasty. The menu has a lot of variety--I have tried the enchiladas, the carne guisada and a combo plate with fajitas. Everything was delicious and the prices are reasonable We topped off our last visit with some great sopapillas. Don't repeat my mistake of delaying a first visit--go now!!

Cadillac
“If you are crazy for enchiladas and puffy tacos....”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am a native San Antonian who lives in northern lower Michigan. I can't find excellent Mexican food here so I make a yearly trek to San Antonio to visit friends/relatives and to pig out on Mexican food. Jacala's fits the bill. For lunch, I had a cheese enchilada, a beef puffy taco, plated with refried beans and Spanish rice. The chips are freshly made with a tangy (not too hot for the gringos) salsa. The enchilada lunch was hot and oh so tasty. Well worth the yearly wait. Previous visit on a Friday night, our table was delighted with the strolling mariachi band. I highly recommend Jacala's.

Brookville, Ohio
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have come here for lunch. Delicious is what I say. Love the puffy tacos and gorditas!

Visited April 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Outstanding ”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of the bellman at our hotel. Like he told us there is a reason why they have been around since 1949.

We had the 2 & 1 lunch special which is two cheese enchaladas and a puffy taco with Belen's and rice. We also got some tortillas. Everything was outstanding including the service.

If you have never been here before don't let the surrounding neighborhood deter you. Great Mexican food and service at a reasonable price.

Been to Jacala Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!