“A great find in the Medical Center district”

Mencius's Gourmet Hunan INC
Ranked #1,363 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, Texas
“A great find in the Medical Center district”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Went there for lunch today with a friend and was pleasantly
surprised to find such a charming Chinese restaurant in the
Medical Center district. The food was excellent. I had the
shrimp and pork garlic lunch special dish, which tasted great.
The ice tea is also a winner. Very attractive waiters and
very attentive to serving you. Prices are very reasonable.
I can't believe a few of the reviews saying bad service. Can
we possibly be talking about the same place? My ice tea
was filled at least 3 times within 30 minutes with a smile!

San Antonio
“Customer for 20 years”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Been eating lunch their for 20 years. Food and service is consistently great. I believe there are two owners who split the management during the year, and it is obvious when they change. the style of management over the employees is very different between the two. One is great and the other is kind of demeaning to the staff. Even during the busiest lunch times I have not had to wait over 15 minutes to be seated and the wait staff is well trained. Atmosphere: no privacy, tends to be a little loud, but is to be expected at a popular, fast paced restaruant. Their egg drop soup is good too.

san antonio
“fast food gone bad”
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Took my two best girls for Valentines day and it was a very bad experience....Cold food , fish that smelled really bad and a waiter that could care less....totally ignored our complaint....don't try this place...
you may contact me to confirm this review... the management did not care how I felt....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Incredibly crowded during lunch. For ggod reason. Fast, good Chinese reasonably priced.”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I dare you to find a better black bean sauce.”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I dare you to find a better black bean sauce.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook