“Awesome atmosphere, ok food”

Little Rhein Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Rhein Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 4,648 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Awesome atmosphere, ok food”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

They were just opening when I arrived and were slow to seat me. My waitress was very slow. The quail legs were great, my bone rib-eye was disappointing. It wasn't bad, just not a top notch steakhouse. The atmosphere was by far the best part of my meal.

• Visited June 2013

NC
“Great apps and steaks!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ate here with husband and friends during our weekend in San Antonio. We entered from the Riverwalk, so I have no idea what the actual restaurant looks like but the patio seating/views are great! This place is pricey, but I figure some of the price includes the great location.

Cocktails - try the margarita with prickly pear. Very good!

Appetizers - got the crab-stuffed avocado and escargot instead of the appetizer tray at the recommendation of our waitress, GREAT ADVICE. The crab was in a creamy sauce and the avocado was ripe enough to remove from the skin with a fork. A great blend of flavors. And if you can get over the texture, the snails were delicious and garlicky. The snails do not have a strong flavor, so they really take on the flavor of the sauce/garlic. Try both of these apps.

Steaks - I had the petite filet ordered rare. At 8 oz this is big for a petite filet, but it was cooked well and lightly seasoned. This steak was all about the meat. It was tender, easy to cut, and delicious. Husband got New York strip ordered medium rare and said it was delicious (he didn't share)!

Sides were OK, nothing to write home about. Probably my least favorite part of meal.
Ordered coffee and the brownie and ice cream. Brownie was warm and fresh, but as a dessert it was kind of plain. Coffee was not very good.

Cocktails, apps, and steaks were great! Wait staff was attentive, polite, and fun. Recommend getting coffee and dessert elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mandagoosh
San Antonio, Texas
“Jewel on the river walk”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Yes, the Little Rhein is a place to go for your special evening when you visit us here in the Alamo City. I have lived here all my life and still have never had anyone tell me a bad thing about the place and I love it!

Visited April 2013
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
“Great patio seating”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed a great steak dinner here. We sat on their tiered patio area and the atmosphere was just wonderful along with the views of River Walk. Our waitress was great. We enjoyed the sampler as a starter. All four of us had a petite filet steak for dinner plus the scalloped potatoes and a baked potato. Was thoroughly enjoyable and tasty.

Visited May 2013
Clearwater, Minnesota
“Awesome Ribeye”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place was recommended by my shuttle driver and I liked the look of it so in I went. Outdoor seating on a warm spring evening with a view of the famed San Antonio Riverwalk was a welcome relief after a long day of travel delays and 9 months of winter in Central MN.

Staff was friendly but not officious. I have to say my cocktail was very average for whatever reason but I was there for steak, not to drink.

The menu had sufficient options for a carnivore like me and I selected the bone out rib-eye. I ordered a side of au gratin potatoes too for good measure. The potatoes were nice thick slices which I liked but the cheesy sauce wasn't to my tastes. Creamy but too thick for me. Still focused on steak...which arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

The waitress said their rib-eyes were rated in the top 2% of rib-eyes (nationally? in Texas? Don't know) and I wasn't disappointed. It was perfectly cooked (medium rare), really well marbled and tasted great. The kind of steak I'd like to be able to replicate on my deck at home but the meat you get in the store anymore is too well trimmed.

This meal wasn't fancy or fussy but it was very, very good. I would rate the steak in my top 2% for sure. Maybe top 1%, totally worth it. People who don't go to nice steak houses may think the cost is too much for a steak but it really is worth the money. Skip the potatoes, stick w/ slab O' meat and enjoy.

• Visited May 2013