“Fine Dining on the River”

Fig Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 4,965 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Whether dining in the cozy interior or on the outdoor villa-style terrace overlooking the San Antonio River, exquisite food and impeccable service are mainstays of the Fig Tree Restaurant. Crisp linens drape tables set with fine china and sparkling crystal in elegant yet homey surroundings.We sincerely hope you enjoy this old home and its surroundings as much as those who have lived and dined here in the past.Around the corner from the Hilton Hotel, next to Little Rhein Steak House
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Need a break from Tex-Mex on the River Walk?...try The Fig Tree. We ate on the patio, facing the river. The atmosphere was shady and relaxing. The service was outstanding, and both our meals were great--from the salad through dessert. If you have nothing else, order the crab cakes--simply delicious. Great place for romantic setting, like an anniversary.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Service was excellent but the food was flat. We have always been impressed with the food but my salmon nor my husband's fillet was up to par. Planning another trip here late July but may need to pick anther restaurant

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

What a pleasure finding a restaurant in S.Antonio, where the food is tasty but "light" at the same time. I like the Tex-mex but I found it quite "flat" in the offer (and fat in the content), so this restaurant was a kind of breath of fresh air. The crab cake is really delicious and the combination of excellent food with nice location "above" the river walk is really worth a try!

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here for the first time. It was excellent! The escargot and crab cake was the best my wife and I have ever had. The Beef Wellington was unique in that it was served open face - it was excellent. The banana fosters capped off the meal. Service was excellent, no rushing, we were able to enjoy every bite of our meal. If you are abke yo dine in the patio - do do.I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

Oh. My. Gosh. Not enough good to say about this restaurant. I'd go out of my way to eat here again! Beautiful location with terraced outdoor seating along the Riverwalk. But the food--beautiful presentation and PHENOMENAL flavors, cooked perfectly. The complimentary shrimp on tortilla chip appetizers were an exquisite blend of flavors, as was the béarnaise sauce on asparagus that were cooked to perfection. The filet mignon was tops, and we also enjoyed the "green goddess sauce" on the crab cakes, with lump crab meat that was outstanding. And the service was friendly and very helpful.