“2nd Verse - UNLIKE the first.”

Boudro's on the Riverwalk
Ranked #17 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

So I got to experience Boudro's a few years' ago, and it was my favorite part of San Antonio. The Guac - amazing, the mojito - fantastic, the atmosphere - unbeatable.

This trip I was travelling with my company, and instead of being at the main restaurant, we were taken around the river and through the woods to another "secret" location where they must hold large group functions. Somehow the guac (while good) lost it's charm when I wasn't seated outside on the river, but was instead in a courtyard someone along the main drag near the Alamo. The staff was great, particulary (Matt?) one of the gentlemen working the table making guac like a machine (a special thanks for making some adjustments based on allergies).

I would say that if you're part of a small group and are diniing at the main location - you'll love it. If you're part of a group just note that you will not have the same feeling or experience.

1  Thank KFerg

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Make reservations in advance for the dinner cruise. It was lovely. Boudro's is located in a very busy section of the riverwalk and the restaurant itself was packed with diners!! Knowing that we were going to dine onboard instead of in the chaos of the restaurant was definitely worth it. The food was delicious. There is a full bar ready to serve as you board. Appetizers were served including chips and guacamole. The boat captain gives a narration of the sights as you skim down the river. There were about 3 turns through the river and back to the restaurant. The first tour was while we enjoyed appetizers and got to know our dining companions. We returned to the restaurant to pick up the hot entrees and went out the second time. Entrees were cleared and ice cream dessert was brought onboard after which we made a third tour. It really was fun and a great way to spend the evening.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband I had a couple of hours to meander the River Walk. We knew we didn't want a full meal (we had reservations elsewhere for dinner), but wanted a relaxing break. I had heard some rave reviews about the tableside guacamole, and almost as many telling me it was overpriced and not worth stopping. I'm glad we stopped. We each ordered the recommended Prickly Pear Margarita and guacamole, and then another round of margaritas. We had a lovely riverdside table and enjoyed it greatly. We had none of the problems others have described. The service was quick and professional, yet not rushed. We lingered over our drinks and never felt 'encouaged' to leave, even though the restaurant was quite busy. I even enjoyed the ducks on the river. The margaritas were $8.00 each and the tableside quacamole was $9.00, which is very reasonable for the location. We also had no trouble finding Boudro's. It is conveniently located between Rio Rio Cafe and Republic of Texas. Our visit was great and I would recommend Boudro's to any of my friends.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The food was decent but the atmosphere is extremely noisy and tables on packed in too close for comfort. Wouldn't not choose them again when on the river walk.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The guacamole was to die for. I should have just ordered it and this would be a 5 star review.

But I decided to get a margarita and dinner entree. The margarita was ok, but I did not care for the chili salt they use and it was rather small for $8.

As for my entree selection, the roasted chicken and six thin potato slices were ok, but definitely not worth the price tag. I thought the menu said roasted vegetables would come with it, but I got drowned spinach leaves (way too oily to think about eating).

Overall very disappointed given the price tag I would have expected to be impressed...which if all I had ordered was guacamole, I would have been.