“A Late Happy Hour Surprise”
Review of Liberty Bar

Liberty Bar
Ranked #73 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arsenal
Description: Serious Food in the heart of Southtown.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This wasn't our first visit to Liberty Bar, but when we showed up at 10pm on a Monday night, we were happy to find out that at their late night happy hour, their delicious pizzas were half price ($5) and house wine and beer were also on special. It was a great feeling to walk out with a $15 bill between two of us, but we gladly would have paid full price for the amazing yummy-ness!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I don't know if we just ordered the wrong thing or what, but our food was horrible. The atmosphere is good, but eating here once was enough for us.

2  Thank Savannah38372
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We happened upon Liberty Bar after declining a 90-minute wait at a nearby stuffed-shirt resto. The vibe of this place is super laid back. While the server was clearly handling too many tables, she was on point, attentive, knew her menu well and was totally down to earth. She wasn't very knowledgeable about cocktails, and was totally honest about it, and that honesty won major points with us. I ordered a salad that was incredible and far more filling than I'd anticipated. The menu was well priced, diverse and even eclectic. Well worth another trip to San Antonio to revisit this place!!

Phillip K, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review MighTay. Can't wait to see you again on your next trip to San Antonio. Until then take care.

- The Liberty Bar

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Liberty Bar is one of my favorite — and my family's favorite — places to eat in San Antonio, and in fact, in Texas anywhere. Last weekend we had lunch there for 11 after one daughter's graduation. Everybody's food was excellent. I had a chile relleno that was fabulous. Two weeks earlier, another daughter and I took my wife there for Mother's Day. We had breakfast and it was terrific. The food is always a little distinctive or different, in a good way, and always delicious. Service is great and the big open dining rooms are comfortable. It's a very civilized place to eat — not your usual contemporary place where they're cramming people into dining rooms. We like Liberty Bar so much they're catering our oldest daughter's wedding next month and I know it will be GREAT. The only downside is that parking is very limited, but I just drop my wife off near the door then drive out to park in the street. It's never been a problem. Highest recommendation for breakfast, lunch OR dinner.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I enjoyed the Liberty Bar so much the last time I had to come back. The old house was great, but the former convent is nice as well. Same great food as always and good service.