“My favorite place to chill”
Review of Liberty Bar

Liberty Bar
Ranked #74 of 4,786 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arsenal
Description: Serious Food in the heart of Southtown.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

food always good, vibe is relaxed and service impeccable, upscale food in an very nice setting. I always feel like a very valued costumer. Bread pudding with Whiskey sauce drizzle is WICKED good.

Phillip K, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thanks Mark for the great review and for making us one you favorite places to "chill." We hope to see you again soon.

- The Liberty Bar

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Located in an old Catholic School. Some very good and somewhat unusual items on the menu. Stake Tartar is wonderful. The lamb sausage plate was excellent and generous The bread pudding is a must.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stopped here while in town for business because one of our colleagues had been here in the past many times. I ordered the steak while he had the lamb, both looked great. My steak was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful. The service was great, we sat in the bar area and our server recommended a great appetizer with goat cheese which tasted great. I will be making a return trip very soon, it was great.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had not visited San Antonio for many years, and the last time I was here, The Liberty was located in a slanted house. I read about the new place, and walked from our hotel. The food was as delicious as ever, and even though it is housed in a much grander space, it still retains a comfortable vibe. We ate downstairs but visited the bar upstairs, which is a lot of fun. For eclectic food and a special evening, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We live around the corner and frequent this place a lot. We first found the Liberty Bar in 1999, and we always find ourselves coming back. The food is consistent, very eclectic, delicious and generous. The service is good minus a few exceptions.
All of their breads and crackers are home made. All of their food is from scratch. Their bloody marys are excellent. They have a great wine list.
We miss their old location, but are happy that they are now next door to us.