“Wonderful food, charming atmosphere”
Review of Liberty Bar

Liberty Bar
Ranked #82 of 4,915 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arsenal
Description: Serious Food in the heart of Southtown.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had not visited San Antonio for many years, and the last time I was here, The Liberty was located in a slanted house. I read about the new place, and walked from our hotel. The food was as delicious as ever, and even though it is housed in a much grander space, it still retains a comfortable vibe. We ate downstairs but visited the bar upstairs, which is a lot of fun. For eclectic food and a special evening, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We live around the corner and frequent this place a lot. We first found the Liberty Bar in 1999, and we always find ourselves coming back. The food is consistent, very eclectic, delicious and generous. The service is good minus a few exceptions.
All of their breads and crackers are home made. All of their food is from scratch. Their bloody marys are excellent. They have a great wine list.
We miss their old location, but are happy that they are now next door to us.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ate breakfast at this location. I loved it and the upstairs bar which was like being in a library. The breakfast was fresh and more than an adequate.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

New location in the King Williams District (do miss the slanty floor of the old location) but still great offers same great food (GREAT bread to start out your dinner) and wonderful drinks.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A year or so ago I visited the Liberty Bar when they were in the crooked house location. Had a good time, and good meal, so had high expectations. I went in July 2012 and the service was poor (time wise) and the pork chops just average to below average. The other meals on other tables, looked good, so it was probably just my order and being a holiday weekend (July 4). I will still give this place another chance.

3  Thank disciple1315