“Huevos Rancheros!”

Las Canarias Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Sat in front of the french doors overlooking the riverwalk at around 7:30 on a Friday morning. They had a beautiful looking buffet, with anything breakfasty that you can imagine, however, we opted for the Huevos Rancheros and were not disappointed! Coffee and juice were excellent as well. The wait staff was very very nice and the service excellent. Perfect way to start our day on the way to hill country!

There are newer reviews for Las Canarias Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at Omni's Mokara Hotel and walked over the picturesque bridge to its sister hotel, Omni La Mansion del Rio, which has Las Canarias restaurant inside. Friends who traveled from the Ft. Worth area upon our recommendation joined us for dinner there Sat. July 26th. A guitarist was playing relaxing music upon our arrival. We were seated in a raised area of the restaurant and at least four people waited on us. The manager stopped by to see how we enjoyed the food. I had a pasta with mushrooms that was "to die for." Our friends had beef with veggies and my husband had quail. The baby-lettuce salad with blue-cheese and tomatoes that came before the main course was delicious. I had a frozen margarita while the others had "classic rocks" margaritas. My husband gave me a sip of his: DELICIOUS. The next day, we brought four more friends to Las Canarias for those margaritas, but it was closed in the afternoon, so we went to the bar in the same hotel and enjoyed them there. I would definitely return here for BOTH the gourmet food AND the CLASSIC margaritas! The meal was expensive but worth it!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to dine with friends at this wonderful establishment. The hostess seated us in a fantastic location with a view overlooking the Riverwalk. Hector did a fantastic job as our waiter. The food was amazing! Great location, with great service, and exceptional food. What more could anyone ask for??

1  Thank ttocsnodrog_2000
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently went to San Antonio for the weekend. After eating stadium food for lunch, we wandered along River Walk to find something more substantial for dinner. It was a sultry Saturday night... high humidity and wall to wall people. We considered a couple of restaurants in the same area and decided on Las Canarias. Best decision of the day. We were shown to an window table overlooking the River Walk where we had lovely music, air conditioning, people-watching, and delicious food. We both loved our starters: quail for him, roasted beets with goat cheese for me. (SUBLIME) Our main courses (pork belly for him, salmon for me) were delayed to the influx of outside diners. The chef (? really ?) sent us a glass of champagne to tide us over until our entrees arrived. My salmon with mushrooms was delicious, hubby's pork belly less so. Still, Las Canarias will be our first choice for our next meal in San Antonio.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had some downtime between meetings while in San Antonio and was able to grab lunch on the RiverWalk. Las Canarias was recommended by the hotel - and it was very good. It was the restaurant within a very nice hotel, and proved to far exceed my expectations for 'hotel restaurants'. I had the chicken guacamole wrap and a Caesar salad - both were great. I imagine the dinner options are exceptional.