“Wonderful atmosphere and food”

Las Canarias Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,604 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
White Salmon, Washington
“Wonderful atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to dine with friends at this wonderful establishment. The hostess seated us in a fantastic location with a view overlooking the Riverwalk. Hector did a fantastic job as our waiter. The food was amazing! Great location, with great service, and exceptional food. What more could anyone ask for??

1 Thank ttocsnodrog_2000

San Dimas, California
“Window seat on River Walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently went to San Antonio for the weekend. After eating stadium food for lunch, we wandered along River Walk to find something more substantial for dinner. It was a sultry Saturday night... high humidity and wall to wall people. We considered a couple of restaurants in the same area and decided on Las Canarias. Best decision of the day. We were shown to an window table overlooking the River Walk where we had lovely music, air conditioning, people-watching, and delicious food. We both loved our starters: quail for him, roasted beets with goat cheese for me. (SUBLIME) Our main courses (pork belly for him, salmon for me) were delayed to the influx of outside diners. The chef (? really ?) sent us a glass of champagne to tide us over until our entrees arrived. My salmon with mushrooms was delicious, hubby's pork belly less so. Still, Las Canarias will be our first choice for our next meal in San Antonio.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“High Class TexMex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had some downtime between meetings while in San Antonio and was able to grab lunch on the RiverWalk. Las Canarias was recommended by the hotel - and it was very good. It was the restaurant within a very nice hotel, and proved to far exceed my expectations for 'hotel restaurants'. I had the chicken guacamole wrap and a Caesar salad - both were great. I imagine the dinner options are exceptional.

Andrews, TX
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Sunday champagne brunch - for a serve-yourself brunch, this place really had exceptional service. Our servers (I believe their names were Hector and Anita) were really great. They were very friendly and talkative without being obtrusive, and Anita kept the mimosas at the ready. Food was very good, and service at the omelette station and carving station were very fast as compared with other brunches I have experienced. Loved it!

Visited June 2014
Arlington, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and service on The Riverwalk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I went here with my co-workers and absolutely loved it! The ambiance was beautiful. The salmon, lamb, and pasta were all delicious! It was also a nice touch to get a watermelon amuse bouche on such a hot day. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a fine dining experience with a great view of The Riverwalk.

• Visited June 2014