“Gourmet on the river”

Las Canarias Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 4,597 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Gourmet on the river”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just superb, on a two day trip ate both lunch and dinner there. Yes more expensive than the run of the mill riverside restaurants, but its not run of the mill ! From the amuse bouche to the petits four, just excellent, the warm spinach salad (with strawberry - sounds odd but really worked), mains of confit duck and pork belly, great service, great food and fantastic location, attentive without being rushed, this is 5 star dinning on the river!

Houston, Texas
“Never better”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We've had Sunday brunch here several times during our visits and have reservations this Sunday too. However this review is for their Thanksgiving dinner special last night. Turkey breast has never tasted better. The cornbread stuffing was awesome and the potatoes and gravy was unbelievable. The cranberry sauce was divine. They offered seconds but the first plate was so generous there was no room for more! The service was excellent. I've never had a bad meal or bad service here and last night, they were never better! We will keep coming back. Exellence abounds.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Breakfast”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went for breakfast, sat outside with views of the Riverwalk. Buffet option for breakfast, has separate gluten-free station with designated toaster etc.

Montreal, Canada
“The highlight of our Texas F1 trip”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

. This was by far the best meal that we had the entire week spent in Texas. I was looking for a great eating experience while on this trip, the first meal was a steakhouse in Austin the stakes were good but they were overly salty and we were told that that was the way here in TEXAS! The same so so experience happened at all the other establishments visited for supper. Then came this fantastic last and final meal for this trip. The food was excellent all 4 of us had different dishes. The food was exceptional but for some the portions were a little small. We ordered a wine and the one that I ordered was out they offered a better one to replace it at the same price where have you seen that before? The ambiances as the decor were outstanding as was the service. Total for 4 of us with 2 bottles of wine 50+ was a tad over 300

Hammonton NJ
“Seems Sunday brunch has better reviews than dinner”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had dinner here while at a convention in San Antonio with 2 high level customers. I had picked the site from Trip Advisor and although it was highly rated I think that the brunch reviews pushed it up. I was not overly impressed with either the food or the menu..which I had not reviewed prior so my bad. I chose the short rib (1) which was good but not as good as many I have eaten at other establishments. What really brought the review down was dessert. I had the banana cake with ice cream...it was 4 pieces of "Andes Mint" size bites...no kidding and the scoop of ice cream was the size of an egg. I had waited all week to have dessert at one of my meals and this was just crazy. My customers chose the vegetarian gnocchi and the flounder special...no complaints. Dinner was almost 300.00 with 1 bottle of wine ($35) app, entree and desert for all....