“Taste and Elegance!”

Las Canarias Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was fantastic! We had their breakfast and brunch buffets, best I've had yet! There was nothing to dislike at all!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had two very disappointing experiences in restaurants on the Riverwalk so we weren't expecting much when we went looking for a good breakfast.

Service was excellent! Our waiter never let our coffee get cold! We all ordered off the menu but a breakfast buffet is also available. The Malted Waffle was simply amazing. It was served with carmelized pecans, strawberries, cream and syrup on the side. The Huevos Rancheros were not your typical and the were AWESOME! It was a unique twist on an old tradition which left me pleased and full!

It was a wonderful dining experience and the next time I have to be in San Antonio, I will make a point to go have breakfast at Las Canarias!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has a wonderful view overlooking the Riverwalk. I had the duck which was delicious. For desert, Tres Leches Cheesecake.So incredibly good! This place gets high marks for service, ambience, food and drink. But of course, when you get the bill, you see why. It is pricey, as is most dining options on the Riverwalk.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of having an Outstanding Dining Experience at Las Canarias. Upon arrival we were promptly greeted with a warm smile by our wonderful server " Joseph ".
His wine and food knowledge were so impressive that we decided to go with all of his recommendations. We started out with the Lockhart Texas Quail, which had a diverse array of flavors and textures and was melt in your mouth delicious. Joseph's passionate and poetic description of the sous-vide method of cooking led us to order the chateaubriand for two as our entree. It was lightly seasoned and cooked to perfection, by far the best steak we had ever had. Joseph's anticipation of our every need was impeccable. He was engaging but not overbearing and was simply Outstanding. "WOW" !!! Can wait to return!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped at Las Canarias while moving cross-country. I was looking forward to eating somewhere right on the riverwalk, so we chose to eat at a table outside. We had the quail appetizer, which was wonderful. It was lightly fried with deep flavoring. They also offered 3 types of break: ciabatta, raisin, and baguette.

For dinner, I had the salmon. Seasoning was crispy and delicious, especially with the lemon curd. I've had salmon often, but have never had it served with lemon curd, which was unique. The fresh veggies that came with it were also good. My husband had the braised short rib, which he thought was okay, but really enjoyed the seasoned polenta it was served with.

I took off one point because the service was pretty slow overall. We wanted to make it to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream, but didn't get to because they were that delayed in bringing the check at 10 PM. We actually had to ask for it, even after our plates had been cleared. They brought a small tray of dessert with the check (I'm not sure if that is typical or not), and I thought it was quite nice at first. Then, I was quite unhappy when I bit into a chocolate and found it filled with peanut butter. Luckily, I'm not allergic, but I do honestly hate the taste, and it just left me with literally a bad taste after dinner. I wish the server had told us what the chocolates were, given that they included an ingredient people are often allergic to.

Overall, we enjoyed the dinner, and would likely go back if we were in the area again.