“Great atmosphere, food, and service.”

Las Canarias Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,604 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great atmosphere, food, and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

I found the restaurant simply by walking by and noticing how beautiful the place is. So of course like always I came to TripAdvisor.com to see the reviews. The reviews were right on point.

My wife and I had the Filet M/R , Capacchio (sp?), Ahi Tuna, and a bottle of Jordan.

We even had breakfast there the next morning.

1 Thank CruiseLineFans

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very pricey, but a GREAT...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2008

Very pricey, but a GREAT location for a nice meal. Wine expert on hand for suggestions. NOT the place you want to bring kids.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tampa, Florida
“Great food, great location, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

Wow- my husband and I just had lunch at Las canarias on the Riverwalk (in Mansion hotel) and it was really great! Lunch ran us $50 with 2 entrees, 2 glasses of wine, tax & tip. I had ribeye open face sandwich, with horseradish mayo, beefsteak tomato and gorgonzola- YUM! Hubbie had the crab cakes and corn salad/relish. Also very good, flavor, texture, etc. Loaded with crab (not too bready, yeah!) Service was smooth, friendly, and efficient. I highly reccommend :)

New Hartford, NY
“Up-scale dining on the Riverwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

Up-scale restaurant on the San Antonio River Walk. My wife and I ate there in April, 2008. Pleasant, cooperative and knowledgeable waiters. Excellent food. Large portions. We shared a fish dinner. The house marguerita was $13! Just order a lime marguerita....just as good, less expensive. I'd go back there in a heartbeat! You need reservations after 7 PM...This place gets crowded.

San Antonio, Texas
“Best dinner yet in San Antionio, will be returning customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2008

Arriving early for our dinner for two reservation, threw noone into a panic, which was a good sign. We were not rudely told to have a seat, and it would be a few minutes. Instead, a most pleasant young gentleman escorted us to a wonderful table for 2 by the windows. He no more turned away when another young man was there taking drink orders, filling water glasses, and with a blink of our eyes, had a delightul basket of bread on the table with the dipping oil. Although the view was wonderful, we did ask our waiter Brahim if we could switch to another due to the extremely cold draft blowing on our legs. All glasses, and appropriate tableware was moved and replaced before they even seated us. Like magic! We enjoyed a lovely evening, not rushed, tremendous service, which made our followup evening at the Majestic , an evening we could never forget.
HMMM, food selections, again wonderful. Appetizer of the tuna tar tar, my friend said it was the best she ever had, that it was as delicious as a fresh orange. Main Entrees were the Salmon with black rice and a side of the carrot and ginger puree, topped off wiht a few glasses of an Argentian red wine that our waiter recommended. I opted for the filet Mingon, cooked a perfect medium, per my request. Delicious!
Overall, Excellent welcoming staff, excellent table settings, excellent presentation of delicious bread, Tremendous team work with wait staff. All of whom were courteous and most accommodating.
I live in San Antonioi, went with this over others within vicinity due to fellow tripadvisor consumers. Great job everyone!