“Delicious breakFEAST!”
Review of The Guenther House

The Guenther House
Ranked #10 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Arsenal
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I visited Guenther House on a Monday morning, hoping to bypass the weekend crowd. We arrived around 9AM and the wait had already begun. There was immediate seating available on the patio however, so we opted for that. We both knew we wanted to try the pancakes as well as the biscuits so we ordered the Pioneer Platter, added a biscuit and the Pancakes of the Day, which were banana. Everything arrived within 5-10min and lived up to our expectations. The pancakes and biscuits were fluffy and delicious, the eggs were cooked to our preferences and the bacon and sausage were perfection. Our server was attentive, the coffee was hot and the ambience was perfect.

There are newer reviews for The Guenther House

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited San Antonio on business and on my last day- I was up early ( jet lag) and went for a walk along the river to Guenthers We had done a city bus tour and it was recommended . I virtually had the place to myself Sunday am. Breakfast fab I tried some of the local specialities Well worth it and then had a look around the place Fascinating history Highly recommended . Walking around this historic German part of San Antonio was interesting and pleasant. I had wished known about when I arrived as it would have been a lovely introduction to San Antonio

Reviewed February 21, 2014

During a recent trip to San Antonio, our group ate here two different mornings for breakfast. The have the absolute BeSt (and biggest) cinnamon rolls we've EvEr had! Also, the waffle was delicious, the breakfast taco (which I had with EvErYtHiNg), the biscuits & sausage gravy were all fantastic as well. If you are visiting San Antonio, be sure you have breakfast at least once at The Guenther House!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a must for visitors. The wait time is usually 45 mins to an hour. They have plenty of benches to sit on while waiting. The gift store is nice but a little pricey. The food is excellent I had the champagne chicken enchiladas. I am a local and love to eat here. Definitely not a tourist trap.

1  Thank Evieb43
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten breakfast here before leaving town it's no magnolia house. Had there special 2 eggs scrambled, sausage patties, bacon, biscuits and gravy. All of it was good but not great. Definitely not one of the top choices. I'll take magnolia house for the food.