“Wow! What a burger!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chris Madrid's Nachos and Burgers

Chris Madrid's Nachos and Burgers
Ranked #37 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Wow! What a burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My son found Chris Madrid's through Trip Advisor and wow! What a great find. It's off the beaten track and a hidden treasure. And well worth the stop.

It's counter service, which is a common thread in Texas dining. Both my son and I had Porky's Delight with cheddar. We also split a regular fries, which was more than enough for us to share.

The wait was a reasonable amount of time and they'll have the food all ready on a tray for you. And these burgers were worth the wait.

The cheese was so melty and the burger was so good with the right amount of toppings. The fries seemed like they were hand cut and were above average.

If you're in San Antonio and looking for a good burger, this is the place to go. One warning - this place filled up really quickly at lunch time. So either come a little earlier or be prepared off a little longer wait. Either way, it's worth the stop.

San Antonio, Texas
“The biggest burger ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've never had such a large burger, it was topped with so much cheese it was dripping over on to the plate. Large sheeting areas including an outside patio. Doesn't matter how your dressed ( lots of suits at lunch).
If you want a unique eating experience at a great price, Chris Madrid's is it.

• Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Won't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

First of all I'm glad we tried this restaurant in the day light. The neighborhood is a little sketchy. Happy to see security guard in the parking lot. The food and service was ok. Restaurant was packed. Had to sit outside. Happy I tried it, but I probably wouldn't go back. I prefer Chester's Hamburgers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank retiredtotexas
Huntsville, Alabama
“great burger place to bring the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The good- Burgers were big and good, I was a little leary of a burger covered in refried beans and tortilla chips but they pulled it off. The place is big and roomy and lots of kids
The bad- the neighborhood is a little dice. But they have a security guard in the parking lot.

Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Very Big, Very Thin Burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Knowing that I love good burger places, local friends decided to take me to Chris Madrid’s. The place doesn’t look like much from the outside, and I’m not sure I would even have noticed it if I were just passing by. It’s a simple one-story, almost run-down looking white building. We were there in the late afternoon and the place was almost empty.

When you walk in, you are in a large, open room which is the main dining area. To order, we had to walk through the main room to a register in a smaller room in the back corner. While not exactly rude, the lady taking our order at the register wasn’t exactly pleasant, either. She took our order and our money with little eye contact and without even an attempt at a smile. Even though the restaurant wasn’t busy, we couldn’t find a clean table and ended up having to clean one off ourselves in order to sit down.

I ordered the macho flaming jalapeño burger and fresh-cut fries. “Macho” is their designation for a ½ pound burger. The burgers are very thin, so a half pound burger has a pretty wide circumference. Much of it hung off the bun and made it difficult to eat without all of the toppings falling off. It was messy. I would have preferred either a bigger bun or a thicker burger that would have fit the bun size. The menu had said that the flaming jalapeño burger was “not for sissies,” but a “sissy” could certainly have handled this heat level. The jalapeños didn’t taste like they had any heat at all. It wasn’t much different than just having pickles. The vinegar flavor was stronger than any heat there might have been. The meat itself had a good flavor, but wasn’t outstanding. While I like toasted buns, the bun was overly charred. The fries were good. They weren’t limp and weren’t overly greasy.

If I were to go back again, I’d try a different burger since the jalapeño burger didn’t live up to my heat expectations. I’d also get regular burger so I wouldn’t have the logistical problems that I had trying to eat the big burger with the small bun. And I would hope that the tables would be a little cleaner next time.

• Visited December 2013