“Burger Heaven”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
San Antonio, Texas
“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Huge portions (plan to share if you aren't too hungry). Local institution worth a visit. Very limited menu, but what they serve is tops.

Visited November 2012

Dallas
“Just Keeps on Giving”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I moved from San Antonio 23 years ago. One of the things I missed about San Antonio was Chris Madrids and all the fun we had there on a Friday or Saturday night. Now I'm older and wiser but I still love this place. We go back to Chris Madrid about twice a year now and the food is as good as ever. My wife and kids love it also. We were there on Christmas Eve and the line was long but more than worth the wait. The cheddar cheese burger and the jalapeno burger are the best. But don't overlook the nachos and the tostado. The fries were wonderful and the beer was cold. Greatest burgers I have tried.

• Visited December 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Chris Madrid's- Hamburger Legend”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A few days ago I returned to eat at one of my all time favorite hamburger joints- Chris Madrid's in San Antonio Texas. If you are traveling on IH 10 towards town, you exit at Hildebrand then go 3 blocks south to Blanco Rd, turn right and it's down on the left. The hamburgers are by far the best around, winning many awards such as "Best Burger in the city" 2000-2007. You can get a regular burger with cheddar cheese and whatever you want on it. I always get the "Macho size" Flaming Jalapeno burger. The fries are my favorite of any restaurant, crispy outside but soft inside. You can get the burger dressed many different ways. The burger meat is, and has always been, the tastiest of any around. The atmosphere is great. They have sort of antique items on the wall and is very casual. They also have a full bar in the back with ice-cold long necks and frozen margaritas. If you visit San Antonio you must visit one of their famous landmarks- Chris Madrid's!

• Visited January 2013
Wimberley, Texas
“Fairly unimpressed”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had planned to eat at Armadillo's but it was closed so my friend who is from San Antonio suggested Chris Madrid's.
You stand and look up at the menu for what burger you want. I already had my heart set on a mushroom swiss burger.......you can't get one here. They don't exist. So I got a cheeseburger with everything on it and a beer. She got a burger with jalapenos and some fries. The meat for the burgers is really thin but is covered with a ton of cheese. The french fries were just terrible, appeared to be handcut but were just floating in grease.
We tried to sit outside but between the smokers and the flies, that went out the window. The ambience inside is interesting to look at but I don't think I will ever eat here again. There are just so many better burger places to go to.

• Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Cheddar Burgers Are Way to Go”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

As always burgers are great and the fries are fresh and large enough to share between two people. Great location to eat and watch the San Antonio culture.

Visited December 2012