“If you want a burger that taste like grease..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chris Madrid's Nachos and Burgers

Chris Madrid's Nachos and Burgers
Ranked #37 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Round Rock, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want a burger that taste like grease..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I really wanted to love this place being a local establishment and all, but I have to say it was one of the worse burgers I've ever had. All I could taste was grease. The fries tasted like they were fried in old grease and so all I tasted was grease on those too. I did like the atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, TX
“The best hamburger anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This has got to be the most unique place in San Antonio. Located in an older part of town, every social, economic and ethinc background is represented here. There is a good reason....the hamburgers and fries are the best anywhere. If you are watching your weight or cholesterol intake....DON"T GO HERE. But if you are up for the best tasting hambuger you have ever had then this is your place. Order the Macho Cheddar Cheesy for the ultimate experience!

• Visited August 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Burger Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We love this place but don't go as often as we'd like because of the wait. As one gets older the time you have to wait to be seated is an important factor in your return, Burgers are really good as are the fries.

Visited September 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Overrated but good fries”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Feeding the stray kitties on the patio, salsa is good, atmosphere is key here but yes, I've had better burgers...

Visited June 2012
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Go for the atmosphere not the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not sure if I got the cook on a bad day or what, but I was not at all impressed with my cheeseburger. Every one in San Antonio told me to go try this places as it would be the best hamburger I've ever tasted. Well I did, and it was not the best hamburger I've ever tasted by any stretch of the imagination. I will say that the atmosphere is really cool though. You can find far better burgers elsewhere in San Antonio. To me there was a lot of bun (and it looks like a regular bun that you can buy at the supermarket) and not near enough patty. The patty was small and really greasy and overloaded with cheese. Basically I had a little patty to go with my cheese and bun.

Will I go there again, no.

• Visited September 2012