“Nicely prepared, good service”

Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,305 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: European cuisine using only real butter, dairy, fresh produce. Swiss-born chef and owner oversees all aspects of food preparation and takes pride in attention to detail. Not given to jumping on the trend bandwagon, you will find your favorites still offered on the menu. Verdant grounds are visible from any table creating a relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had never tried rack of lamb and it turns out I was not a huge fan, but that has nothing to do with the restaurant. The steaks were delicious, as was the Sicilian chicken (I would order this next time). My friend was impressed with his lobster tail more than he thought he would be. The desserts were good, not great. I would order another steak instead, although the brie was also a very good appetizer. I was not a fan of the pate', although again I had never had one and it was not my cup of tea. Looks like it would be an awesome place for a group gathering. And thanks to crumpets for really supporting the military, a 20% discount is quite substantial.

1  Thank Isaac M
There are newer reviews for Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nestled in a woodsy setting, this wonderful restaurant offers the feeling of eating in a secluded forest. Located just a quarter mile inside loop 410, you would never know that you weren't out in the country far from the hustle and bustle of city life. Large windows bring in the great outdoors and contribute to a relaxed and natural dining environment. The food is superb and we especially enjoyed the Beef Wellington and some very reasonably priced wine. The service was fantastic and the waitstaff was extremely kind and courteous. We finished our meal with the Chocolate Mousse cake and it was wonderful. We would like to recommend this to all our friends. Thanks!

1  Thank JSCA2U
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After a very sad funeral and memorial service for a family member , we went to Crumpets without having made reservation . We had 18 people and the management was so nice and pleasant , they immediately set us a great table , we had a very good meal with some bottles of
wine . the service was excellent. and the prices very reasonable . Crumpets and the staff made really great effort . Thank you , we will be back.

1  Thank johng60956
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have visited Crumpets many time and always enjoyed the experience . This past Sunday , we went a all bunch of us to Sunday Brunch and had a great meal.. The Brunch is a sit down with server taking great care of you, I hate going to a buffet .We had a few bottles of really good wine at excellent prices , We will be back.

1  Thank ben j
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have dined at Crumpets at least 50 times in the last 10 years, We have seen everything go down hill. Our stuffed mushrooms were 4 canned mushroom caps with some cheese last night. The month before there were about 8 canned mushroom caps. We had to go get our own coffee, rolls and butter and tea even though there was only 2 other diners, To give the restaurant its due the sous chef creates a delightful main course, The fried potatoes always are hard to chew but the main entree smothered in vegetables du jour is delicious although not enough to feed a bird. My wife cut up her chicken entree because she was under going dental surgery and put it in a hamburger box it did not cover the bottom of the box. She ate her $8.00 mashed potatoes with cheese thrown on it and her salad, She had asked for extra dressing because it makes it easier to eat but that request was continuously ignored. This was NOT a $55.00 meal. We would have had almost the same quality if we had dined at IHOP. Do not get me started on the service, It is non-existent.

1  Thank blondfinnlander