“Birthday ake”

Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,303 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: European cuisine using only real butter, dairy, fresh produce. Swiss-born chef and owner oversees all aspects of food preparation and takes pride in attention to detail. Not given to jumping on the trend bandwagon, you will find your favorites still offered on the menu. Verdant grounds are visible from any table creating a relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The lemon chiffon cake is delicious and highly recommended. The cost was about $25.00, but is worth the cost.

3  Thank Robert M

Reviewed August 23, 2012

A friend and I had dinner using a Groupon. This was the best meal I've had at Crumpets in all the years they've been open. The dining room was perfectly lit, with enough light to easily read the menu, but not enough to be glaring. The soft background music provided atmosphere, and, miracle of miracles these days, we were able to have a conversation! Most restaurants are so loud that is impossible. Sometimes a return to a previous era is just what we want. Our server, whose name I forgot, was friendly and competent, so she added a lot to the pleasure of the evening. The owner went from table to table greeting guests. Now to the food: we enjoyed the Stuffed Mushrooms and Mousse Truffle Pate appetizers, followed by tasty Sicilian Chicken, beautifully presented with fried diced potatoes, broccoli and carrots. It's unusual to be served vegetables that are crisp tender rather than overcooked or just blanched and raw-tasting. I should have written down the name of my inexpensive glass of red wine, which was very good. The Grand Marnier Creme Brulee was a wonderful dessert.

3  Thank argo24
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Lovely atmosphere and wonderful waiter but the food was less than mediocre and price terrible for quality of food. Potatoes overcooked, tough and tasteless. Regular vegetables that were so bland! Seafood overcooked and with a lemon butter sauce that was almost nonexistent. Save your money and go to one of the town's moderately priced restaurants that have well prepared food.

1  Thank MontineP
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was the first time I visited the restaurant. I had a Groupon and figured it was worth giving the restaurant a try. I'm glad I did. From start to finish the service was top notch, and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the Sicilian Chicken and my mom had the Rosemary Chicken entree. Both were delicious and I highly recommend this place. The price was reasonable given the food portions and the dessert was a wonderful end to a tasty meal.The white chocolate mousse was perfect! I don't recall the waiter's name, but he did an excellent job in tending to our every need tonight. Crumpets, thanks for a wonderful dining experience.

3  Thank Christina B
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Crumpets, and it was perfect! Delicious food, warm and prompt service from Steven. Beef Wellington was to die for, as was truffle mousse pate and creme brulee!

1  Thank Zoobcat