“Awesome Birthday Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband surprised me with dinner at this romantic restaurant for my birthday. The ambience is just beautiful and to look out onto the Riverwalk at night while dining was just beautiful.

Our waiter was welcoming, nice, and service was prompt. I was ecstatic to find out that the chef changes his menu daily.

The food was very delicious, the plate portions were appropriate, and the prices were reasonable. For dessert I ordered, the apple cranberry upside down cake. The waiter brought it out with a candle on it and Happy Birthday drizzled on the plate in chocolate.

The drinks were on point. I had the Evian Aviation and although it is a dry drink, it was very delicious.

I thoroughly enjoyed celebrating my birthday at this establishment.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank KompassionateDr
Write a reviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

We were four couples and we all agree it was our best meal in San Antonio. Chris Sanders was our waiter and he was the best and most accommodating waiter we have ever had. I recommend everyone request him to have the great night that we did.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Biga On The Bank is HIGHLY recommended by me! Like most things in life you get what you pay for. It is pricey but it is not somewhere you go every weekend. A special occasion calls for a special venue. There was nothing we least liked about this restaurant. Ambience was just right, diners were not wanting to let other customers know their life story and other achievements in their lives, etc. The lighting was just right, conducive to pleasantness. We had a special table to ourselves. We had made reservation 5 days in advance. Our server was not pretentious, not over bearing, right amount of attention, gracious and classy. I did not get the feeling that his manner was motivated by what the Tip would be at the end of our meal.
The seafood was very nicely cooked, someone had chicken and it came with huge portions, the roasted potatoes were so tender with no distortion to its fingerling shape. There was a vegan/gluten-free dish on the menu. One of us had the 4 course menu, the meat, veggies, broth, seasoning, dessert, etc were faultlessly prepared. The restaurant received the James Beard award. All their menu changes everyday, we were told. The restaurant was situated by the San Antonio River Walk. After dinner we saw the lighted river boats cruising the river...such a sight! I would go back there for our next celebration.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Inventive, flavorful dishes; a cosy atmosphere; great service, and, when available, oak barrel aged (with a #4 char) negronis from the bar! Never had an unsatisfactory experience here.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Food selection is fine, staff very attentive and friendly. Quality also good. A bit pricey, but ok.
We went there early, around 6PM and it was already full, but still lucky to have free table. If coming later, go for reservation. Pavlova desert is to recommend.

Date of visit: December 2019