“Loved it all”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We dined here a year ago and had wanted to return. Though we had a later reservation, we showed up early (as in, not quite 5:30), as we had hardly eaten all day and were really hungry. We sat outside and probably due to both the early hour and the heat, were by ourselves--at least, I don't remember anyone else! I had a gimlet to start and my husband a whiskey sour, both quite tart and no mixes in sight. Very refreshing. We couldn't resist sharing the potstickers as an appetizer--four large ones, so more than enough for the two of us. They were quite spicy, and very good, though I'm no potsticker authority. He had the filet, served with an amazing corn pudding (which reminds me, their cornbread is the best anywhere). I had the rack of lamb with cheese grits and asparagus ... sooo good, and I took half of it with me because I really wanted to try the sticky toffee pudding. And I'm glad we did, because it was really wonderful. We had glasses of a Malbec with the main course, very nice. Service was pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. You will definitely spend money on a meal here, but to me, it's worth it.

2  Thank Leslie K

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The chef sources fresh ingredients daily and the menu reflects this. Had the antelope and quail, which was superb. The antelope was lightly seasoned to let the flavor, which was not gamey, come through. The quail was smokey and just a bit spicy. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and the wine list was extensive. We sat outside overlooking the Riverwalk, the only negative was the traffic noise.

2  Thank Darren W
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Loved my grapefruit martini, romaine salad & close to Boulliabase!!!! Excellent meal, great setting. We all enjoyed our meal very much!!

1  Thank jlrb07
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed my meal at Biga. I just don't think it's quite as good as many of these reviews might indicate. The bread basket was great (delicious cornbread), appetizers were mostly solid (though the "expensive mushrooms" were bland and desperately needed salt). My bouillabaisse was just ok - good quality seafood but middling broth and not terribly memorable. I would definitely return to try other menu items, with adjusted expectations.

1  Thank AntArc
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Outstanding food and exceptional service from Tucker and Edwin. Great discussion with Michael on the limited vintage Malbec we enjoyed with dinner.

1  Thank Mike G