“Great Food and View”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Located overlooking the Riverwalk and San Antonio River, this restaurant has great views and food. I had the venison & quail (a great and unusual combination); my wife the lamb. Both were well prepared and tasty. Service was friendly and prompt.

1  Thank Gene K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Biga. The food was outstanding from the salmon nacho appetizer to our main courses (11-spiced Texas Axis venison and grilled Texas quail and Close-to-Bouillabaisse) to the dessert (Grand Marnier Soufflé orange anglaise). The quail particularly stood out as best in class. The wine and cocktail list is quite extensive and we enjoyed the suggestions of the waiter. The service was fantastic...helpful and prompt, but not overly hovering. The restaurant is beautiful with patrons ranging from dressy to casual. All around a wonderful meal on the River Walk.

2  Thank rustycat83
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I decided to pop in to Biga on the Banks for my last dinner in San Antonio. I was just in time for their Winter Fare prix fixe menu. I had a lovely salad, a nice piece of fish with sides and their famous sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Washed down with a glass of red and a cup of decaf with cream, it was the perfect ending to a glorious trip!

Service was extremely attentive, and the food was delicious. Prices are spendy, but with the prix fixe menu, I felt I got good value. Worth a stop!

1  Thank bradshawgirl
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Amazing night. Beautiful ambiance. The sommelier and general manager sat with us for a wonderful conversation of the worlds wine regions and poured us a tasting of comparable desert wines to help educate us on our likes. The employees were very passionate about the appreciation of fine food and wine and were hospitable to allow us our desired pace on dinner overlooking the river. Amazing twist on food and flavors... Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank KCP2007
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We had visited San Antonio 10 years ago and eaten here and remembered it as a really outstanding restaurant.
I called before I left home toile reservations. Everything was wonderful and so professional!
As soon as I had unfolded my napkin into my lap, the waiter came over and exchanged the white for black so I wouldn't get lint on my black clothes.
Cesar was our waiter and he was friendly while being totally professional.
On the way out, someone walked with us to make certain we were turned the correct way on the Riverwalk.
I had the almost bouilbase( which my notes reminded me I had eaten the time before)
It was excellent with a nice broth just a touch of saffron
My husband had the halibut which he thought was delicious.
We usually don't eat dessert but split the signature toffee buns delicious too!
Not inexpensive, but in our opinion, money well spent! I also asked for the menu as I do that fr restaurants we especially enjoy when we travel.
Cesar had it signed by the chef which was a nice touch!