“great place to dine”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I live in a town full of great restaurants (Austin) and have found that San Antonio offers far less options for find dining. We recently traveled to SA and ate at Biga on the Banks. The food was very good, and the ambiance and service was excellent. We will definitely go back whenever we travel there again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great food and super service on a tough busy night. Very interesting menu, Riverwalk view. Nothing to dislike here. We would eat here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is overrated. We were there for dinner on New Year's Eve and would say the dinner is just alright but with the price we paid they could have done better. We were welcomed warmly and the waiter was attentive except for the part when he served us our desserts and my son ordered a chocolate mousse and they gave him mint instead. I told him this is not the mousse he ordered and he insists that it is the chocolate mousse. So I told him that I know what a chocolate mousse look like and taste. After a few minutes he came out with the real chocolate mousse. So my son was happy. I have been to a lot of good restaurants and even Michelin rated around the world and this is not up to standard. Also, maybe next time when they said they have have a band for the new year, people expect a lively band not the one that will put you to sleep. So most of the people went out of the restaurant to celebrate New Year somewhere else including us.

Biga B, Manager at Biga on the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We are sorry to see that you did not have the New Year's Eve experience you deserved. If you would be so kind to contact me, I would like chance to make it right. I am at the restaurant most days after 4pm.

Kindly,
Jon Baumgartner
(210)225-0722 ext 11.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went with my daughter and three grandsons. Our server was wonderful with suggestions and pacing for the kids. The rack of lamb I had was scrumptious. Had a taste of the venison one grandson ordered and it was great. He ate every bite of that and the quail, polenta and veggies it came with. The kids' menu for the other two was varied and high quality. Wines by the glass are pricey, as is the entire menu, but well worth every penny. Nice selection of fresh veggie side dishes. Hope to get there again!

1  Thank roamingnoni
Reviewed December 30, 2013

10th anniversary of being cancer free for my wife. We had a party of eight and we were warmly welcomed and ushered into a private room. The server was terrific and very helpful in every way. The food was a bit expensive, but well worth the cost. This was a very special celebration and this restaurant made the celebration even more special.

1  Thank whitecd2000