“Gigi was Great”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,915 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service by Gigi has to be mentioned Superb. Decor was good
The tenderloin was excellent, the bouillabaisse was good but not excellent. The lobster tail was the smallest I have seen The three types of bread were great, and the wine selection by Gigi was excellent. From the outside the building does not look that it has a restaurant, had to call to make sure we were on the right place. The front host and hostesses were of help with directions back to the hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

So much better than the rest of the restaurants lining the Riverwalk! Really enjoyed dinner here on Friday, Nov 16, with Brett as our server. We had a business group of 10. Delighted to hear of the James Beard nominee status (hadn't known that when we made reservation) and knew we were in for a great experience. I had the habanero scallops appetizer, iceberg/blue cheese salad, lamb entree, and sticky toffee pudding dessert. My colleagues made equally delicious selections. Entrees come with option to have smaller (less expensive) portion -- great for tasting! Impressive wine list, though I had a grapefruit martini, very refreshing. Entire experience very good, I would return in a heartbeat if I didn't live in NY!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Servers are always on thier A game. Most recently i had the habenero scallops. They definately bring the heat and sweet to the table. Had to have a margarita with this dish. For the main course i enjoyed the smoked pork tenderloin with cauliflower puree. I could have eaten a bowl of just that. On a previous experiance i had the fois gras and it was sinfully good too. For me because i was on business i didn't mind the prices. Company picked up the tab. This would be a special occassion restaurant if I were paying out of my own pocket. Worth every penny you spend between service and food.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Amazing decor greeted us, along with a lovely wine list. The warm spinach salad with brie, pears and sugared walnuts was excellent....So were the pot stickers and the cheese grits. I was very excited about the grilled snapper with purple hull peas in the cream sauce until they served it raw. I never send back food (in fact, I loath those who do), but the snapper was raw and did not flake or come away from the skin at all. The peas were raw as well. The meal had potential but fell on its face with the undercooked food.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ate here while in town after meeting the chef at a charity event in Cincinnati. Our server was excellent (Gigi)-couldn't have had better service. My husband and I split a salad, I ordered the Mahi-Mahi and my husband had the spicy tuna. It was a lot of food. I was surprised how large the portions were.I couldn't finish mine. We split the pumpkin cheesecake (which was yummy). We were staying at the Westin and it was just down the corner. Great experience.