“Fantastic food with a classy move!”

Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Crockett & Bonham
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Fantastic food with a classy move!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hello fellow foodies. I was in San Antonio to celebrate my son's graduation from the Air Force Basic Training at Lackland AFB with family and friends. We called ahead for reservations. I informed them of the happy occassion. To our wonderful surprise, a menu with a special message at the top. "Congratulations Mitchell, you did it!". What a classy move. Our server, Andy, was professional and on top of everything throughout the evening. He had us all stand behind my son and I and took a snapshot. They brought back a photo in a nice cardboard frame with Congratulations written inside. Another classy move without us asking. I do realize this must go on here with other graduations, however, the way they carried themselves made us feel special on what truly was a special evening. I personally recommend the Rib-eye medium rare with the peppercorn gravy and the horseradish potato and broussel sprouts. Tom

1 Thank Tom H

San Antonio
“Tell them what you want and they deliver!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We went to Morton's with my parents, my husband and our 9 year-old son for my husbands birthday. First, my husband was mortified that I told them it was his birthday! Our waitress said, "happy birthday and you'll never here me mention it again, for which she is now a permanent member of his favorite people in the world list. Three of us got the 6 ounce filet, birthday boy got the ribeye and small boy ordered his own side if the bacon Mac and cheese. Everything was fab but my mother's filet came out well-done and not medium-rare like she'd ordered it. I told her to tell them but she was reluctant. I called over our waitress who was horrified, agreed that it was not right and had another one prepared pronto. The fact that they acknowledged it wasn't right and fixed it was great. She ordered it without the salted seasoning originally and I was afraid they'd forget but nope. The second steak was perfect. We have lots of fab steak places in downtown SA but Morton's has earned a happy place for how they fixed what wasn't right. (& my mother is the daughter of a butcher. She knows how a medium rare steak should look!)

1 Thank jloreine
“Worst Morton's I have ever been to”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Morton's in many cities of the world... Seldom with a bad experience. Tonight was just poor... The steaks were poor quality and the Salmon was cold. Three of us ate for $330.00 with a medium priced Merlot. Service was poor...had to ask for bread and could not get his attention. Food was really mediocre to poor. Embarrassing. Can't believe that the previous rosy reviews written were really the same place. Maybe they just had a bad night. I come to San Antonio a dozen times a year....doubt if I eat at Morton's again.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ivan B
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellant dinner”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went as a group of 20, so they seated us in a separate room so we had privacy. We had a choice of the glazed salmon fillet, filet mignon, or the pork chop. I had the salmon (along with about half of the people) and my husband had the steak (along with the other half of the people.) The salmon was a large serving and cooked just right. My husband said the filet was cooked just right (medium) and was a very good cut. The chocolate mousse was very good. I don't usually like chocolate mousse, but this was so good I had to eat all of it! We had to have their Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake, which has a registered trademark! We shared this dessert, thank goodness, because it was soooo rich and delicious! A very good dining experience!

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous as always!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had the best filet ever, shrimp was cooked to perfection as well as the scallops. Creme brûlée was delicious too! The only complaint would be that I didn't get enough on my plate. I wanted more. My tastebuds were dancing with flavor.