“Love this Place!!!!”

Ranked #113 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Pico de Gallo, our high standards were set over 75 years ago when Pete Cortez, a native of Guadalajara, Jalisco opened his first restaurant, Mi Tierra. In time, popularity of the restaurant grew and a new, more spacious location had to be purchased. Today, our family owns four restaurants - La Margarita, Pico de Gallo, Viva Villa Taqueria and Mi Tierra, and Pete and Cruz's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren still uphold the same standards that were set years ago. We are still revered as one of the best Mexican food restaurants to visit, and provide a unique cultural ambience that is fun for locals and tourists alike. Conveniently located in the heart of the Alamo city, we invite you to bring your family and friends to experience everything that is Pico de Gallo.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Oh wow!!! Is what I have to say about this place. For my first experience coming to the restaurant, I will definitely be going back anytime I can. The atmosphere was something I haven't ever seen before and then the waitress was the nicest ever. She was very attentive and personable. If you are by this place you must stop and eat....

There are newer reviews for Pico De Gallo

Reviewed July 7, 2013

we waited about 2 hours for table but we finally leftwe went to another restaurant to go eat never go there again

Reviewed June 17, 2013

loved the food menu and its at a good price too over priced like some areas.
the colorful decor was wonderful my family and i loved it

Reviewed June 7, 2013

So when you go to San Antonio and hit a tourist spot like the Market, ask the people working there where they go. Is it Mi Tierra or La Margarita, located right there?
No! It is Pico de Gallo, operated by the same family that runs the other two places, but located a bit off the beaten path and offering food probably a little better.
I looked around here tonight and saw locals - Mexicans darker than me. No one dressed fancy. No foodies. No snobs. Just locals.
Our waiter was an older gentleman who treated us like we were in his home.
The chips and salsa were good - the beer was ice cold. I drank Lone Star - a crappy Texas beer that I always get when home because it is home.
I had a dish called El Tapado - grilled Carne Asada covered in chorizo, grilled onions, mushrooms, melted cheese, and cilantro. No entries in my calorie-counting app tonight.
Although my dish was delicious (charro beans laced with crack cocaine) I did think it to be just a tad pricey. Still slightly "Riverwalk" prices although the good was better.
I loved this place and will probably go back before leaving for Dallas tomorrow. But there is always a Whataburger waiting around the corner . . .

1  Thank RICJ72
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place is great for breakfast. the tortillas are fresh and delicious. I would come again. The place is by the market square but not directly.

Been to Pico De Gallo? Share your experiences!