“Excellant bakery”

Ranked #8 of 46 Bakeries in San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
“Excellant bakery”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Here you will find home made everything....all types of muffins, breads, desserts, etc. and coffee! There are several samples on the counter to try or they will get you one. I live here and it's a very popular place for breakfast, to pick up loaves of breads or lemon squares for later!

Visited February 2013

“Real baked bread and treats with a bounty of Flavors!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The place came highly recommended so I had to try. My first visit I was a bit intimidated but the menu was easy and simple. My sandwich on Birdman Bread was delicious! I enjoyed every bite, every morsel, every flavor. The cookies were delicious and fresh!!

Today was my second visit. I was told they get busy on the weekend and that they are. Even with a line, they had both registers going along with the owner taking care of clients. Very casual environment with yet again AMAZING food!! Not much of wait at all, before I knew it they were calling my name and I was out the door!!

Can't wait for my next visit!!

San Antonio, Texas
“Best Bakery in San Antonio”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the best bakery by far!!!!!!! There are so many different types of breads and pastries baked fresh daily it's hard to choose from. There are always samples available. The cheesecake bars and brownies are too die for. Make sure you get a menu, as the pastries change daily!!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CicelyS
Washington, DC
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Come early in the AM for some amazing pastries- the cinnamon rolls are to die for! Decent coffee, too. Not open Sunday, unfortunately. My favorite bakery in Alamo Heights.

Visited November 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Good, Better, and Best”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Every morsel from BDB is delicious. Sandwiches are luscious and a half is usually enough for lunch. Turkey n avocado is my favorite. My daughter likes the veggie. I buy their bird man bread for toast and sandwiches at home. Bird man toast with a smear of peanut butter makes a great breakfast on the go. The lemon ricotta cookies are a mouthful of summer.

They always have samples out. The staff are friendly if a bit frazzled by the pace. Try to time your visit NOT to coincide with Clark HS lunch break. You may not be able to get in the door!

• Visited August 2012