“Free Doughnut When The "Hot Now" Light Is Lit”

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Ranked #12 of 48 Bakeries in San Antonio
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We, along with local family, stopped in at this Krispy Kreme one evening because the ”hot now” light was on . I was told that the “hot now” light means that the doughnuts are freshly made and this is one of the locations that gives a free regular glazed doughnut to everyone that comes in when the light is on. So we went in and each of us got our free doughnut, and we ordered a dozen, with each of us picking out a few. Ordering was chaotic since there were several families there, all ordering at the same time and being helped by separate staff members behind the counter. It was like being in the middle of a feeding frenzy in a tank of piranhas. I prefer cake doughnuts, but they didn’t have any, so I chose to get kreme filled and cinnamon apple filled doughnuts. I found the glaze on my free doughnut to be overly sweet. Still, who can complain much about a free doughnut? My filled doughnuts had almost no filling in them. I really had to search to find the filling. After a few bites, I found it in there, but there was only enough for one bite. I don’t think I’d get filled ones there again. Maybe next time they won’t be out of cake ones.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a must stop when visiting from Houston! Service is always great and donuts are out of this world! Love watching the donuts being made.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I go in there sometimes just to get a free warm doughnut. I have sent my husband down to get a couple of dozen, love everything!