“Pleasantly Surprised”

Raffles Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2,473 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was told about this place by a Co-worker so I gave it a try. I went on a Tuesday evening since my friend informed me about a steak special. They advertise a 10 oz. Ribeye steak with a salad and loaded Baked Potato for $10.99. My steak was delicious and the ambiance was nice. Live Music and Mature crowd 35 and older. If you are going for the food, you will enjoy it. If you are going to hang out with friends you will have a nice time. If you are looking to Party, this is not the place.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It is definitely an older crowd and I'm 39. There weren't very many people there, the drinks were cheap on that Thursday and the bartenders were really nice. However, the next day I found that they authorized my credit card for the the total bill three times. My bill was about $65 so almost $200 was tied up for an entire week. That by itself will make me not go back.

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were looking forward to trying a new place so when my husband and I walked in, heard live music and the "host" said to "sit anywhere", we proceeded to do so. Before we could sit down at an empty table, some bouncer looking guy comes and tells us " you can't sit there-that's reserved". So we asked where we COULD sit and so he asked some waitress who proceeded to say "well you can't sit here or here" ..etc.Really? So we left--however; you will probably be catered to if you are (or look) over 60, have big hair, and have been drinking martinis all day and don't care about the service.