“Best Mexican Food Ever”
Review of Taco Haven

Taco Haven
Ranked #480 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great Food. Great Service. Great Price.

Had Fish Tacos and Shrimp Tortas. Both the dishes were outstanding.

There are newer reviews for Taco Haven

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Taco Haven is, by far, one of the top 5 San Antonio restaurants for breakfast tacos and authentic TexMex food. I can’t vouch for all their food other than the ham, egg,& cheese taco, and the miga’s. WOW! Their tortillas are warmed up perfectly. We were greeted quickly by a friendly smile. The food came out fast and we enjoyed every last bite. The manager asked how we liked the meal when we paid. This is a family run restaurant that has been central to their community. Please go here to experience outstanding food and wonderful service. If you go, show up early so you can get a table.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love this place for their tasty Tex-Mex breakfast tacos made with homemade tortillas and filled with fluffy eggs, cheeses and grilled meats. I thought I'd try them at lunch and was very disappointed. I had a Ralphie's three taco special- had to get the same meat in all the tacos:( Then the corn tortillas were deep fried and dripping with oil. The cabbage slaw was tasty but the chicken had no flavor and had a lingering taste of yesterday's meat. I left sad but now know that it's best to just get breakfast next time.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I like good Tex-Mex food, and I went to Taco Haven with high hopes. I had read some positive reviews of the place and it sounded like the real deal. First off, I went there on a Saturday night -- they had a live band playing with music so loud it hurt the eardrums. Not conducive to enjoying the food. Alas, there was no enjoyment to be had with the food either. Beans were mushy -- not refried -- and they lacked any taste. Rice was too salty, and the rest of the food was okay -- but not what I had been led to believe from the reviews I had read. So if you like a really loud place, with okay Tex-Mex food, this is the place to go.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

You won't see this place on any touristy maps. It is located just south of downtown (Southtown) prices are minimal, and food is plentiful. Couldn't even finish my plate. A true San Antonio treasure, lots of history here. Expect a wait on the weekends, but with plenty of seating it should be minimal.