“Feb 14”

The Luxury
Ranked #159 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Feb 14”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to The Luxury after a visit to San Antonio Museum of Arts, next door. It is an outdoor venue, but the weather was wonderful at the time. The Milanesa sandwich had breaded pork, cheese, avocado, onion, fried egg, and jalapeno, what a great combination, never would have thought of that. My spouse had a veggie tofu sandwich which she also raved about. We split the fries which were outstanding also, but could have used a little less salt. Music could easily have been turned down a couple of notches which would have made conversation much easier.

• Visited February 2014

London, Canada
“Make sure you hit this place!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I literally stumbled onto The Luxury after a trek up the Riverwalk from downtown - we never made it to The Pearl.
As soon as I heard The White Stripes and saw the food and beer selection, I was hooked. The food is very good, really tasty (had the Pulled Pig and the Banh Mi - just make sure you get the Special Sauce on the fries! The beer and wine selection is diverse.
The setting is funky, from the containers to the music, to the toy animals they use to deliver your order. To me, it was The Vibe - really chill, really fun. Lots of young people, families, everybody we met was friendly. We enjoyed it so much that after lunch and a couple of beers we just decided to park it for the afternoon - soaked up the sunshine with a bottle of red - simple pleasure perfection.
This was one of the Highlights of or trip to San Antonio.

• Visited February 2014
seattle
“The Hip Cafe.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Near the San Antonio Museum (SAM) on the riverwalk, you'll find The Luxury, an open air café sporting multiple storage containers, wooden benches, some fun funky-ness , and great food.

• Visited December 2013
“Stumbled upon luxurious food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Went out to look at lights along river walk from Pearl Brewery south. Not as many lights as in the VERY touristy part but ok. We heard the music and lots of laughter, so decided to stop after funding this place on this and another review site. Like has already been stated in numerous reviews, seating is on picnic tables outside. Both the place to order food and drinks are made out of shipping containers.
We ordered two sandwiches and the fries with their special sauce. Both sandwiches were excellent with lots of ingredients and good bread/rolls. We could have ordered one and split it and still been happy.
The fries were simply fantastic!! The girl taking my order asked if I wanted the egg on them too. She said when I asked what the egg was like on the fries, said "it made them a sort of soupy tasty Mmmmm!" And gave a bit of a shiver. But for some reason I didn't think the LOML (Love Of My Life) would like it that way however, next time we will try it like that. The fries stayed crispy the entire time and the drizzle of honey aioli (very garlicy) ketchup and diced onions was very tasty.
So would I recommend the luxury?? Yep we already have plans to go back.

1 Thank Sci-Guy82
San Antonio, Texas
“Good food in an outdoor setting”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Went there today and enjoyed our lunch. The menu was very limited, having only 5 sandwiches and 4 or 5 salads, but the food was tasty.

Beer and wine selections on the other hand were plentiful and well rounded. While some might think that the servings are small, I felt them most appropriate for a good price. The food is of very high quality, including the bread used as the base.

Will definitely be back here!