“Very Good Sea Food”

J Anthony's seafood
Ranked #2,791 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Fish fillets are nice portions and very tasty fish the jalapeño hush puppies are good as well. The Fish Caldo is yummy on a cold day with limon and rice. You come here you get full and you leave happy great place for the family they have a fish tank for the kids to look at.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was looking for a quick bite after a long drive from West Texas and didn't want the standard chain stores so I took a random exit off 410 and boy was I glad I did! J Anthony's is best described as a mixture of New England clam shack and Cajun hole in the wall with a Tex-Mex flair. Certainly not what I expected when I rolled up.

Their menu is on a board behind the counter (like our clam shacks in New England) and they had a variety of fresh fish, shrimp, oysters, appetizers, etc. my eyes settled immediately on the oyster and shrimp plate which for $9.99 promised three fried oysters and three shrimp. That also included two sides. I chose their Cajun rice (very good) and mixed vegetables (so so). The shrimp were large and tasty but the oysters were huge -about three inches long by two wide by one thick! It took three or four bites each and boy were they good! I immediately wished I had a full order of them.

They also have a salsa bar with pick de gallo which probably goes very well with their fish tacos.

This was a very good treat for me and I certainly will return!