“Wish I had time for more!!!”
Review of Mokara Spa

Mokara Spa
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Treated our bachelorette with a day at the spa! We all couldn't have asked for better services, wish we had more time. But we were walking on a cloud the rest of the afternoon. Everyone received Swedish massages and I had the 50-minute foot message ... AMAZING! definitely going to make plans for a romantic getaway with the beau :)

Date of experience: August 2017
"techniques"
"conference"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2017

I have been to many spas in my lifetime and the Arnica Massage with Loren was outstanding - probably the best massage I have ever experienced. The spa atmosphere itself was beautiful and the staff was friendly. I checked in early to use the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. Infused water served throughout and eucalyptus scented neck pillow at end of service. The price was as you would expect for a spa with this level of service. They did automatically add a 20% tip to the service which I generally do not like; however, they told you they had.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Quick review of an amazing sports massage man!
I've been to many spa/resorts and hands down Adrian is the one to go see!
Thanks again Adrian... I will see you again when I'm back in town.
Cheers,

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017

Final day of the conference and we have been walking and walking and walking. Late night in new shoes didn't help either - but I promised myself a pedicure before my next leg of travel and lo and behold not a single nail salon in the downtown area of San Antonio. The nearest one was 7 miles away - so I took a chance, upon hotel recommendation, and called the Mokara Spa to see if they had an opening. They did and quoted me $80 for a pedicure. I swallowed my budget and hobbled the 4 blocks from my hotel - only to be delighted from my first step inside. Calm serene intake lobby and my very friendly attendant greeted me right away. The first time I ever placed my foot in the bath and exclaimed 'too hot'- as I usually have to ask for more warm water in the cookie cutter type salons. The massage chair was deluxe and I had a wonderful conversation with my attendant who worked on my feet until every crust and crevice was smoothed and polished. I really enjoyed her service and slipped her $20 as I knew she was saving up for a big move. When I first came in I had flashed my conference badge and asked if they had any of the discount coupons available that my conference of 5000 people had established on our conference app for various restaurants and activities around town. They knew nothing about it - further questions revealed that the hotel was not aware and did not provide PR for their services during this time - and yet there were tons of us at the convention center that week - Mokara's loss of business I say. Imagine my pleasant surprise as I went out to pay and was offered a complete use of the additional spa amenities upstairs to include brewed tea in a lovely lounge while my toes dried - a plush thick robe, the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna - all to myself as not a soul was around. I indulged myself for another hour and surrendered to spa mode. As I went back downstairs to pay - I was then told I had a 25% discount on the price and promptly spent the difference on mother's day gift for my daughter-in-law. I definitely got my splurge on and walked away much more comfortably than I walked in - worth every dollar spent!! If you are going to spa it then Mokara is my best recommendation, reminiscent of my hometown Poipu Hyatt Anara Spa in amenities but without the tropical setting.

Date of experience: May 2017
3  Thank kauaivalentine
See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

First, I never write reviews but Mokara Spa and hotel in San Antonio is fantastic, and so I had to say something. In fact it was so good that I had to come back a second time in one week! I experienced the summer rain treatment with Adrian which includes a body scrub, Vichy shower and massage. It's heavenly. Then I enjoyed a facial, a massage and lunch on the girls day package. All were excellent. The poolside cafe staff are lovely and accommodating. Then to top it all off I had my hair colored at the salon with Sylvia. She is amazing. So warm and caring. When I showed up my hair was a mess; I had "hot" roots. Sylvia gave me the best root touch up and highlights I have ever had! (And I used to be a hair model in San Francisco so this is no small feat). Also I have been to many spas and the Mokara ranks near the top. The customer service at the Spa (Claudia is incredible) and the hotel are way above average (thank you, Nicholas and Art, for helping me with transportation--you are so kind.) What else can I say? The Mokara is amazing and I just wish I didn't live quite so far away because I would be reserving a spa suite for my next getaway!

Date of experience: May 2017