“Rosarios worth the Tex Mex change of pace”

Rosario's restaurant and Cantina
Ranked #440 of 4,784 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I frequent San Antonio at least once a month on business and make a point to seek out restaurants I haven't frequented in a while. I had forgotten Rosarios over the past few years. I was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and food selection.

The food has a bit of a California flair to it. While still somewhat traditional Tex Mex, they put a spin on it with sauces, creams, and a large fish section on their menu. I had the green chicken enchiladas with a dose of la crema on top. Great flavors! Accompanying rice was above average but the refired beans a little lacking-good taste but quickly turned to mortar.

Atmosphere is high energy but maybe a little on the loud side. Service was adequate but a little spotty as you will be served by several waiters but also may go a while without any contact because there seems to be no set organization to the wait staff.

Chips are crisp and salsa has appropriate heat with a great smoky flavor. I would recommend for another visit!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

had lunch for 4; Griseldas tacos and crispy shciken tacoswere excellent; cabbage lime slaw very good topping. lots of foot traffice there on a Saturday at 1ish. very attentive service, reasonable price 3 yr old loved the salza- darker and more liquid than not, but good- not to spicey

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a little time while at the airport. The fish tacos were very tasty with very fast service. Lots of room to sit down and work while you wait.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Veronica provided top notch service by laying a napkin on my lap, moving the salt, pepper and desert menu close to me. I would normally not expect this service at a quick serve restaurant in the airport. The food was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've heard about Rosario's for a long time but had never eaten there until this week when I was visiting San Antonio (I live south of SA). In a city with lots of good Mexican food, Rosario's can hold its own. My husband had sopa de pozole--a soup that he also makes. He said that the broth was fabulous and he is rethinking his own recipe. It was topped with fresh raw cabbage and was served with a small side plate--oregano, hot pepper paste, lime, and chopped red onion (add what you want). He ordered puffy tacos just to eat something different. They were good (small fried tortillas topped with beef). I ordered Enchiladas Mexicanas. They were filled with queso fresco and served with a side of cabbage slaw and chopped avocado. The red sauce on the enciladas was delicious--rich and spicy. We ordered bread pudding for dessert. FABULOUS. We couldn't finish it even though we were sharing. It had a decadent caramel sauce and was served with vanilla ice cream that had a fruity sauce on it. The waiter was great--not intrusive, but there when we needed him. I will definitely go back and try something else when I'm in town again.