“Great food huge portions”
Review of Maars Pizza

Maars Pizza
Ranked #611 of 4,784 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great pizza, friendly staff excellent appetizers. Try the cheesy bread but save room for one of their excellent pizzas. Try. The galaxy pizza for a little of everything. Nice place for a small dinner or to bring the little league team after a game.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have had several Geocaching Meet & Greet Events here at Maar's
AND every time we come here we are never disappointed the food & the atmosphere is out of this world!
From the Fried Mac N Cheese to the Milky Way Pizza which is awesome and the excellent wait staff this place is really really good and worth every penny.

If you are ever in the area this is a place you must put on your to eat list, I drive almost an hour one way just to eat here it is that good.

2  Thank OldTexan52
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I didn't really expect much from Maar's when I first came in, but, boy was I mistaken. Maar's is incredible - really helpful waitstaff, delicious food and unbelievable prices. I keep wanting to try something new, but the lasagna is just so amazing, I can't help but order it. Portion-wise, I eat a lot, but my wife and I share one order of lasagna between us. The lasagna is about $8 dollars, and includes an enormous salad, breadsticks, and a huge helping of ridiculously cheesy goodness of all sorts - ricotta, cheddar, perfectly cooked noodles, and a rich tomato sauce. We usually get the beef added in, but it is not necessary - just the cheese is great. Also, don't miss the alien fingers!!! This is a great, family-run place, and the waitstaff is always positive and excited to be there. As I mentioned in the title, my wife and I went to Rome for our honeymoon and had some great food, but when we came back, all we wanted was Maar's.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Every time I visit my daughter, we must go to Maars! If you like jalapenos, you must get the fried jalapeno bottle caps for an appetizer. Last time we had cheese bread which I could have had for a meal all to myself. We have also had the stuffed mushrooms which are very good. Half the time we dine in, the other times we do a to-go order. I like dining in cause the servers are always so friendly and accommodating. Oh yeah, the pizza is great, too! You can order an 8" pizza just for yourself if you want to try something different. One of the best pizzas I've had.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

On a recent trip to San Antonio a friend recommended MAARS pizza. I found the pizza to be one of the best I've ever had. The service was also outstanding. Dee was on top of it. He was very Friendly and provided exceptional service.

My only disappointment is I was leaving that day, headed home, and probably won't be back soon.