“Excellent Hawaiian Salmon and excellent key lime pie!”

The River City Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The River City Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 4,628 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio, TX
“Excellent Hawaiian Salmon and excellent key lime pie!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We've just returned from having a superb meal of Hawaiian Salmon followed by key lime pie for dessert... neither of which is on the menu. The Hawaiian Salmon is almost always available and is so tender and juicy with pineapple slices on top of the salmon! The key lime pie offering is new and is probably the most flavorful key lime pie I've ever had! It almost melts in your mouth! It's made with freshly squeezed lime juice (non of that concentrated lime juice which can be overpowering) and it even has tiny bits of lime zest within the pie for added flavor. Ask for it and see if it's available when you are there. This restaurant is truly one of the best seafood restaurants in the city.... family owned and operated!

1 Thank Zell

San Antonio, Texas
“Best Gumbo in the world”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This small family owned and operated restaurant has never disappointed. Their portions are huge and after the first visit my wife and I learned to share an entree. The service has always been great. The owner-Charlie-visits each table and is personable and friendly. This weekend we ordered a gallon of his gumbo which is a family recipe-they are from Louisiana-and brought it home. It was as WONDERFUL at home as is has been in the restaurant. We've been on gumbo crawls in New Orleans and nothing comes close to this gumbo. If all you ate here was the gumbo you would certainly leave happy although the rest of the menu is delicious. This is our favorite seafood restaurant. FYI don't leave without trying the crispy catfish appetizer.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We reserved through OPEN TABLE about 2 hours prior to arriving for our first visit which was the Saturday evening of Mother's Day weekend. This restaurant is located in a strip mall along the 1604 access road.
Upon being seated, our waitress promptly gave us a heads-up that there were 30 minutes remaining of happy hour drink and appetizer prices. My happy hour $4 margarita was excellent!
Huge menu with lots of options--which made for tough decisions! We ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell and they were served immediately. Very good and fresh. Hubby ordered thin and crispy catfish and substituted fries with onion rings. I ordered catfish filets (regular) which was 2 average size filets and substituted fries for red beans and rice. The thin and crispy catfish was very good, better than my filets. The onions rings were also very good as they were made with red onions! I sent the red beans and rice back as they were served slightly chilled.
Upon departing around 730pm, the place was packed and a bit noisy!

San Antonio
“Not the Best! ”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I went here craving for delicious crawfish, and they were featuring crawfish as their special. $8.99 with corn and potatoes. The crawfish came out warm, not hot and dry, not juicy at all! The crawfish was small too. The corn and potatoes were dry also. I was not impressed. We ordered 2lbs worth each my spouse and I. The service was good and atmosphere was good, but they just don't know how to do Crawfish. Looking around, other guests order catfish and other things, which did look good. Not sure if I would go again, maybe, but would not order the Crawfish!

cedar crrst
“Great treat”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Visiting family in San Antonio. The six of us went here. So many great meals to choose from. All portions were huge. I got the eggplant with shrimp and angel hair pasta forget the name. Outstanding! All six of were raving about what we got. Four full boxes got taken home for tomorrow's lunch. Not crowed at all. Not noisy either. We all said this was a great find.

• Visited March 2014