“Perhaps we were just late in the season.”

San Antonio Market Square
Ranked #36 of 270 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We made the trip west of the River Walk and visited early in October. Most of the crowds were gone and we had the place nearly to ourselves. It is worth visiting, although I'm sure during the busy season things here would be jumping!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The good news is that the stores are air conditioned. In my opinion not worth spending your time here. Most of the shops sell very similar things like tee shirts

1  Thank tom46528
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I did meet some friendly vendors but was disappointed in the whole experience. You can pretty much find the same things at many different stores. Some don't take credit cards (really?) which could be a good thing I guess. I'll skip this experience next time we're in the area.

1  Thank bunnyyoop
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Able to see some Mexican culture but truly not what I expected (maybe it's because I have been to Mexico so many times). The stores all seem to have the same stuff and their prices are about the same too. There was a singer/dancer playing and I personally found the music to be WAY to loud. There was also food & beer (and non-alcoholic drinks). Also, CLOSES AT 6PM.
The entire area is about 1 block long....so, it's not very large. Parking is available in the area. There are street meters and certain lots offer pay to park.
Also....discounts are offered at the stores if you pay cash versus credit/debit cards.
Personally, if you have NOTHING better to do....then go. Otherwise, I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

1  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is fun to visit, but lots of things over priced. Typical Mexican souvenir stuff. Location is fun